Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Growth Regulators

I wanted to hear from anyone who has used growth regulators down south. I picked up a customer with an 8,000 square foot house and a very formal landscape. Every week something needs to be trimmed.

I never though I'd have a need for growth regulators but I think this house may be the right candidate. Lots of Boxwoods, Ligustrums, Eleagnus, and Viburnum to maintain.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 04-29-2012, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

we use atrimec (spray) and cutless (granule). both work well, very good actually, light pruning maybe 2x a year where normally once a month we would trim
Old 04-29-2012, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

also its pretty pricy, both products were around $800+. The guys call it our secret weapon. The competition cant justify spending the money on it yet it will save you thousands in labor alone. not to mention equipment, dump fees, callbacks.........we are using embark on larger prop. for edging, thats a huge time saver.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furness & Sons L&L View Post
we use atrimec (spray) and cutless (granule). both work well, very good actually, light pruning maybe 2x a year where normally once a month we would trim
What differences have you seen between the granular and spay? The granular would be much easier to use and cause less client issues. Every body hates to see things sprayed. Granular is much more discrete.

Have you had any material that responded better to one then the other?

You always have to spend money to save money. Sedgehammer runs about $100 for a tiny bottle. Sethoxydim (selective Bermuda & Zoysia control in beds) is less expensive but is still around $80. Conserve SC I think is up to about $100 plus a bottle for Texas Mountain Laurels. I also only use Finale instead of weak RoundUp. At least Finale has dropped from $190 to $150 for 2.5 gallons (patent expired I suspect).

The only think that is cheap is surfactant from BWI instead of LESCO. I can get a case of four gallons for what LESCO charges for a two quart bottle.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/