Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-13-2009, 11:50 PM

LawnSite Changes & Improvements

First, I think it is important for me to say that it has been nothing but an absolute honor to be a part of LawnSite. I have worked on, owned, and joined a lot of forums over the years, and it still all comes back to the people right here at this site.

If you are a long time member I'm sure you agree that this community is something very special and different. If you are a new member or one of the lurkers of the site, you will see in no time that is an entertaining, insightful, helpful group of people who really know and care about this industry.

LawnSite has seen a lot over the last decade. One thing is for sure, it has been an integral part of how people in the lawn care and landscaping industry communicate and network, make purchasing decisions, and shorten the learning curve.

When I say "LawnSite", I mean you. The members are this site - you make it happen day in and day out, and personally, I appreciate everyone - even those who have not been my biggest fans.... And without our long time and loyal sponsors, this site also would not be what it is today.

So I really mean this - thank you.....for putting up with me, for always giving the moderators something to do (ha ha) and for putting together the industry's premier, original, and largest interactive resource in existence.

One of the best ways we can show our appreication is trying our very best to bring options and opportunities to this community, and we are doing that as we speak. In the next few weeks there are going to be even more ways for you to learn more and more about this industry.

Moose River Media, the publishers of Turf Magazine (http://www.turfmagazine.com) and Landscape and Hardscape Construction Magazine (http://www.lhcmagazine.com), as well as several other industry publications is changing and influencing this industry at the speed of light. I am very proud to be a part of this company that owns LawnSite and I can promise you this - we will work tirelessly to make your experience here the best we can (and yes, that means upgrading the servers constantly to deal with the growth of the site so there are fewer time outs....)

So if you feel something needs to be done better, let me know. If I am not doing something well enough, spill your guts and let me have it! I am always willing to listen and do what is necessary to make sure this site not only is always growing and improving, but making certain it is a place you enjoy hanging your hat!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I appreciate this site so much. It is a major part of a daily routine. I learn a lot and I like to think that I help a few people out in the process. Plus I've made so many great contacts and friends over the last few years. As well as finding many great vendors and products to use. I look forward to the upcoming improvements to the site.

Sean---Been pretty busy lately? I haven't seen a whole lot of ya on here. Hope all is well.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-14-2009, 12:51 AM

I am on the site daily, just haven't been posting as much lately because we have been working hard to create our other industry forums...However, this site is like a drug to me - I can't ever get enough and I spend more time than I like to admit just reading and learning....
Old 02-14-2009, 05:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey sean, Thanks for the hard work you do hear......
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Great resource...

I am fairly new to the site having been referred by some regional landscapers several months ago. I have found it very enlightening with great links and resources. I have already met a few outside the site and look forward to meeting or networking with others. Keep up the good work!

Mike Kerr

metro-joplin.com
rid-a-mole.com
fieldagentnetwork.com
Old 02-14-2009, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by METRO FS View Post
I am fairly new to the site having been referred by some regional landscapers several months ago. I have found it very enlightening with great links and resources. I have already met a few outside the site and look forward to meeting or networking with others. Keep up the good work!

Mike Kerr

metro-joplin.com
rid-a-mole.com
fieldagentnetwork.com
Welcome to Lawnsite!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-15-2009, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the only improvement I could suggest is the "For Sale" section.

If you could make it less a forum, and more a listing style of setup (similar to e-bay) then I think it would work out much better.

Overall, things are great here, and thanks for all the hard work Sean.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can something be done so that an attachment can be posted more than once throughout the entire site? If a file is already attached in a thread, it will not allow it to be posted again. I have had to go in and rename my file sometimes for it to work. Sometimes that doesn't even workA link to the original post has to be made which is very aggravating!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsoilPower View Post
Can something be done so that an attachment can be posted more than once throughout the entire site? If a file is already attached in a thread, it will not allow it to be posted again. I have had to go in and rename my file sometimes for it to work. Sometimes that doesn't even workA link to the original post has to be made which is very aggravating!!!

I agree, I would like to see some sort of file system that holds any photos you upload into a personal file, and can be accessed multiple times.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Sean the forum is great, one of the best I think, The only thing I think, we as the posters should have more control of our post, like editing and deleting, Also speaking about deleting, their should be an x amount of months a post should be on here, for example, I replied to a post that was over two years old. Other wise this is a great site and really helped me a lot. Thanks Mike