Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Member

VX4 Striping issues....?

I have a 2011 Super Z with 66" VX4 and 37hp Kaw and it has been a great mower so far other then the rear brake locking up and trashing the whole rear wheel assembly and bending some linkages... I think some one just left a bolt or two lose back there from the factory... Dealer replaced everything. The problem I am having is it does stripe well with no kit but I have two reverse stripes being left in my path about 3-4' apart and about 4"-6" wide... So these are opposite shades of the way I am laying down each path, looks horrible....HELP? Tire pressure is good, deck is set from dealer so all the easy things have been checked....
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Are these tire tracks you are seeing by chance?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajlawn1 View Post
I have a 2011 Super Z with 66" VX4 and 37hp Kaw and it has been a great mower so far other then the rear brake locking up and trashing the whole rear wheel assembly and bending some linkages... I think some one just left a bolt or two lose back there from the factory... Dealer replaced everything.
The exact same thing happened to me!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

No they are for sure not tire tracks... I have read before someone saying blades cutting on the back cut laying it down a different direction not sure did not make sense to me but really could be the only thing I can see that would explain it.... Just if it is how do you fix it....
Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would want to check the deck for level and pitch again, just to make sure.

Pj
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Take a photo!.......................
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Member

VX4 Striping issues... Pictures

Here are a couple of pics of the lines being left in my stripes... Thanks
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

vx4 has adjustment plates if i recall correctly maybe double check those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=-r0l9tyRp2M#!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Getting more frustrated!!!

Well here are some pics from today at some diamonds I do and try and stripe nicely but... Went to adjust deck but cannot find anything on how to adjust the VX4 deck and the manual does not show anything either... So got under to try and figure it out myself... Here is what I had. Pin showed I was mowing at 4" but when I measured the front tip of the blade was at 3"... I also showed about a 3/4" pitch from front to back.... So got the height adjusted correctly in relation to the pin setting... Then proceeded to adjust pitch using the side bolt and ran it all the way down and got about a 1/2" of pitch on the blade front to back but have no more adjustment on the bolt now to go less pitch....? Also now I cannot get my deck all the way up to latch in transport slot....? Hope I didn't make a 12K mistake buying this!!! Cut is no better then a $3500 mower... Sad as now seeing other links with this issue.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2012, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Has your dealer taken a look at the mower to try and diagnose the problem?

Here is a link to your service manual > http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/pr...als/113957.pdf

You will find the deck adjustments there.

1/2" pitch is to much, you want no more than 1/4, even then on certain grasses that is to much.

Pj