Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Set the three blades perpendicular to the line of travel then measure the height of the blade tips on a level surface. Rotate the blades 180 degrees and repeat, then compare.

I've seen two cases where the deck has been sprung around a spindle housing, which, if sprung to one side or the other would cause an uneven cut.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch1 View Post
Set the three blades perpendicular to the line of travel then measure the height of the blade tips on a level surface. Rotate the blades 180 degrees and repeat, then compare.

I've seen two cases where the deck has been sprung around a spindle housing, which, if sprung to one side or the other would cause an uneven cut.

I have measured the front of the right and left blades when the tips were at the front of the deck and it shows level. I think I understand what your saying though, so I will take the measurments and see what I get. It's odd, it will cut great on flat areas of my yard, but anywhere there is a change in the terrain, it at times will cut at different heights. I relate it to the suspension, but hopefully I'm wrong. It also seems to show up more in thick areas of the lawn. Maybe I should just go back to a ridgid frame mower.