Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man... almost 100 views since my last update and no comments.. I guess all your mommas taught you right... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I decided to gather up all my power junk and take a picture of it.. This is one of those pictures I am taking, so that in a couple of years when I take pictures of my trucks and all of my large professional equip, I can say "remember when?".. Haha, optimism is the key!

Ok so pictured I have my Kawasaki KBL26A trimmer, Poulan Edger/Trimmer backup, Snapper RWD Mower, Poulan 16" 38cc Chain Saw, Echo Blower, and "weed eater" backup blower... It's a start.. In a couple of weeks I will be acquiring some money so I will be upgrading a couple of things.. I'll keep it updated.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are you thinking of upgrading? What year is your mower?

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=Kkane97;4408940]What are you thinking of upgrading? What year is your mower?[/Q

Mower is practically new.. Its a 2010, but I only used it here and there for weekly maintenance at my previous home.. Then when I bought the house I live in now.. I didn't use it at all because I have no actual yard. So its only got about 15hrs on it..

I am going to be buying another blower... Echo preferably... I will probably buy another commercial trimmer; Not sure whether I will get an Echo, Kawi, or Tanaka.. Still thinking about it, and possibly an older Snapper Hi-Vac Mower... I'm not completely sure yet.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Work looks good man. Next time you service your properties knock those weeds down in the cracks on the driveway. Keep it up man and good luck to you.
Stihl
9mm
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Work looks good man. Next time you service your properties knock those weeds down in the cracks on the driveway. Keep it up man and good luck to you.
Thank you.. Yeah I plan on it.. That was my first visit to that particular property, and I had already spent more than 1/2 hour over my allotted time just on edging since it was so overgrown.. So I figured I'd spend a little extra time on my second visit (they want it bi-weekly) finishing the edges, and knockin' down those weeds!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAProLawnCare View Post
Thank you.. Yeah I plan on it.. That was my first visit to that particular property, and I had already spent more than 1/2 hour over my allotted time just on edging since it was so overgrown.. So I figured I'd spend a little extra time on my second visit (they want it bi-weekly) finishing the edges, and knockin' down those weeds!
Sounds good just remember you are just starting out and you want those neighbors to notice your work. You make those 2 accts look like Augusta and the neighbors will be coming to you. Good luck and keep posting pics
Stihl
9mm
Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Sounds good just remember you are just starting out and you want those neighbors to notice your work. You make those 2 accts look like Augusta and the neighbors will be coming to you. Good luck and keep posting pics
Thank you for the encouragement.. I completely agree with everything you said. I may have said this in an earlier post.. but who cares.. When I was at the smaller job today replacing a sprinkler, an older gentleman approached me for a business card.. He then told me where he lives.. I have had my eye on his house for a while, wanting to service it, so hopefully he calls! It'll be a nice addition!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I asked this guy if this thing runs, and he said its been in storage since 2000, "so it might need a little bit of work".. He's asking 500 obo for it, and its a hyrdro... Not sure if its worth messing with or not, even for 300 or so..

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/grd/3006430811.html
Old 05-12-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAProLawnCare View Post
Thank you for the encouragement.. I completely agree with everything you said. I may have said this in an earlier post.. but who cares.. When I was at the smaller job today replacing a sprinkler, an older gentleman approached me for a business card.. He then told me where he lives.. I have had my eye on his house for a while, wanting to service it, so hopefully he calls! It'll be a nice addition!
Sounds good hope you get it. I would probably stay away from that walk behind. It looks old and probably unreliable. The equipment you have now is fine for the amount of work you have and as you grow so will your equipment list.
Stihl
9mm