Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like a good location to get yourself some exposure. If I didn't have a full schedule, I'd take my time on the place so I'm there as long as possible without loitering, lol. Look neat and make sure I have some business cards on me. I'd make sure to scrape my mower deck and fill out my log book, fuel everything up, maybe even wind some trimmer spools. I used to do that at one account I had...be there around 2:30 to 4:00 on Friday afternoon when all the executives are leaving work for the weekend early...happy their work week is over but dreading the thought of mowing their lawn.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
It looks like a good location to get yourself some exposure. If I didn't have a full schedule, I'd take my time on the place so I'm there as long as possible without loitering, lol. Look neat and make sure I have some business cards on me. I'd make sure to scrape my mower deck and fill out my log book, fuel everything up, maybe even wind some trimmer spools. I used to do that at one account I had...be there around 2:30 to 4:00 on Friday afternoon when all the executives are leaving work for the weekend early...happy their work week is over but dreading the thought of mowing their lawn.
Some good ideas, thanks. I definitely don't have a full schedule... Yet

But yeah today I spent an hour and a half there.. Just took me a while to do everything.. Like I said I cleaned up all the bushes (I think there were 10 of them) by hand.. I don't have a power hedger yet. I thought about sneaking some round up in a spray bottle to hit the weeds in the bed just once so I can keep them up from there.. I know..
Old 05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A cordless hedge clipper like a Black and Decker Hedgehog is all you really need for little shrubs like that. I keep one in my toolbox of my truck. I have gas fired ones too, but the little cordless comes in handy. I got mine pretty cheap as a remanufactured unit at the B & D outlet store in the mall. Probably not at the the top of your wish list but here it is: http://www.blackanddecker.com/outdoor/NHT518.aspx

I see people complaining about the battery life in the reviews, but I've run mine for 45 minutes at a time before. I usually just recharge it in my truck after I use it with a little power inverter I plug into my lighter. Occasionally I bring it into the house to charge over night.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info.. I never really thought of using an electric unit... Thought everyone would laugh at me, but you are right; Its perfect for that.

My dad has a Stihl that needs a carb rebuild and its mine.. Just haven't ordered the kit.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the gas station from today. I know you already saw it last week, but I cut it diagonally this time. I know my lines aren't prefect, BUT I'm still practicing.. Also, my 21 in Snapper is so light that it jumps around on the slightest imperfections in the ground. So its real hard to make the lines perfect. The ground is a lot more uneven than the pictures make it look.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My new toy

Uh.. I mean.. Tool, yeah.

I bought this today. Was gonna buy a Redmax 5100, but I got a 10% discount on this one, making it only $269, and its the same exact unit. Its the 150BT, not the newer, de-tuned 350BT.

More to come in the next couple days. I should be picking up a rare Snapper Hi-Vac with a Kawa motor tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you are going to get a $550 mower why not use the money to get a small walkbehind? I'm glad I got one, even if it isnt the greatest but my work quality and production increased greatly! Just wondering haha

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

brutal gas prices!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kkane97,

I'll be spending $120 on this mower
Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM