Echo PB260L BP Blower
Echo PB210 B.U. Blower
Stihl Hedge Trimmer
Poulan Pro Hedge Trimmer
All the other junk needed

WANT YOUR YARD TO LOOK GREAT? TEXT "LAWNS" TO 77948
Old 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good! Calling them stripes is a little bit of a stretch though....lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man.. its the best i've got! lol
2001 Snapper Hi-Vac Comm w/robin
1995 Snapper Hi-Vac Resi w/B&S
Kawasaki KBL26A-Trimmer
Poulan Pro Stick Edger/B.U. Trimmer
Husky 150BT BP Blower
Echo PB260L BP Blower
Echo PB210 B.U. Blower
Stihl Hedge Trimmer
Poulan Pro Hedge Trimmer

Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Straight lines...not your fault the grass doesn't stripe well. I'd have a hard time mowing that with a 21 inch mower...just don't have the patience anymore after using larger mowers for so many years. So are you lining up on those fence posts? That's what I'd be doing. I'd start on the other side of the lawn and line up my mower with the middle of it centered on a fence post and head right toward it. I will admit that sometimes I get off a bit on my stripes, especially when I have to go around obstacles and end up with banana stripes.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My method to a true stripe is to pick a smooth spot in the lawn and just go straight through then on the other side make the next one perfect and just continue mowing, thats my method and .02

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually no, I just started mowing, and after a few passes realized my lines were pretty straight. This is actually the most striped look i've gotten out of my mower, so I was pretty excited about it.

And yeah, mowing this big of a yard with a 21 sure isn't ideal.. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (first time mowing this yard) but it I'd sure be happier with a 36 or shoot, even a 32. I have to go up 3 steps to get to the yard so I dont know how a big walk behind would work, unless I have a piece of plywood or something to lay over the steps.. idk.

And also, the lady wasn't home when I mowed; I took a look at her sprinkler timer and it was set for 14 mins in the morning only. Temps have been in the upper 90's so that's not gonna work. I just took it upon myself to adjust it to 20mins in the morning and 20mins in the evening.. so hopefully that will green this sucker up. Also, this lawn is BADLY thatched.

She was paying some odd ball woman to mow it, front and back (back yard is about 2/3 the size of the front) for only $15! I explained that the best I could do (giving her a good deal) was $30, and that paying 15 a week is going to cost her more in the long run; The woman who was cutting it NEVER bagged, or mulched, which could account for a lot of the thatch. Also, she never edged. Her edges where hanging over her sidewalks, so I went ahead and cleaned that up first thing.
2001 Snapper Hi-Vac Comm w/robin
1995 Snapper Hi-Vac Resi w/B&S
Kawasaki KBL26A-Trimmer
Poulan Pro Stick Edger/B.U. Trimmer
Husky 150BT BP Blower
Echo PB260L BP Blower
Echo PB210 B.U. Blower
Stihl Hedge Trimmer
Poulan Pro Hedge Trimmer

Last edited by USAProLawnCare; 06-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the funniest thread on this site is about a guy who brought his walk behind mower down a flight of stairs and then realized he had no way to get it back up...I'll see if I can find it some time...pretty damn funny.

Found it...lol.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...stair+climbing

Last edited by Darryl G; 06-19-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Darryl... I beat ya The OP was Calvin but he was banned Stihl Guy posted a copy and paste of the epic thread

New account with four wide wood trimmed stairs leading down to a large back yard. End of the day, not thinking clearly, tired, don't want to use the 21 on this back yard. Take the WB slowly down the stairs with deck tilted back. Cut the back & suddenly realize I have to get the WB BACK UP THE STAIRS. Dropped off the help before this job. Tilt the deck back & make a slow run at the first step (pretty steep), no go, increase speed make another run, no go. Wood is getting scraped. No way I'm going to make it up four steps. Unlock the hydro & pull. Doesn't work. Customer comes out, sees the scraped wood & me sweating & pushing at the bottom step. I tell her the machine broke down & I will restain the wood. She gives me an evil look (don't blame her) & watches as I push, pull, twist, lift, to no avail. Finally after about 15 min. I tell her I'll be right back. Phone everyone I know, answering machines, left lotsa URGENT messages. That WB is still sitting in her back yard. I'm so fu**** STUPID. What would you have done besides not take it down the steps?

Thought of a ramp about an hour after the stores closed. I had my face pressed up against the glass at the locked lumber store.

Went back to the customers house yesterday morning with two employees, lumber, circular saw, wood stain & a sander. WB IS GONE! I am in shock. Then I see the wood fence at the back of the property has been smashed through. At this point I'm sure the WB was stolen. Walk over to the smashed fence & see the WB front end up against a tree in the adjoining yard. Blade was running because both my customers, & the neighbors flower garden have been chopped up. Take the WB out through the adjoining yard, sand & restain the steps & leave. Got a message from the customer last night to call her, but haven't been able to get through yet. Hoping the husband did this & not some kid looking to steal a WB so I don't have to pay for the damage. The fact the blade was running when it crashed through the fence makes me think it wasn't a theft attempt. If the hubby or one of their kids did it I'm not at fault & shouldn't fix the fence ????
I had my guys cut the adjoining yard because of the path the mower made from the garden to the tree. Not sure if that was a good idea.

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Who beat who? Look at my last post again

I did an edit on it after looking for the thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

grrrrrrrrrrr You got this one...this one.

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo