Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Hydraulic Lift Assist for X One

I have a bad right knee and I am having difficulty raising the deck. Is it possible to mount the hydraulic lift assist option on this mower (new X one with 60" XR-4 deck)? If not, is there a way to lessen the force required to raise/lower the deck?
thanks
jwt
Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately there is not a hydraulic lift kit for the X-One's, we do offer them for the Super Z though.
You can adjust the spring tension on the deck lift rods to ease the lifting of the deck.
You don't want to make it to easy to raise, as it will tend to bounce more in rougher terrain.

Pj
Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

OK:
Thanks. I am, however, a little confused, isn't the deck suspended by 4 chains? How does adjusting the lift rods change the propensity for the deck to bounce?
thanks
jwt
Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt View Post
OK:
Thanks. I am, however, a little confused, isn't the deck suspended by 4 chains? How does adjusting the lift rods change the propensity for the deck to bounce?
thanks
jwt
Yes the deck is suspended by 4 chains, those chains are connected to the brackets that are controlled / connected by the deck lift rods with the assist springs on them.
The deck lift rods have springs on them that assist with lifting the deck.
If you crank them up to much the deck will want to lift easily.

Pj
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Just got back from the Dr. and he wants to carve on my knee. As I may be using a peg leg for a while I need a way to reduce the force.

Please indicate how to reduce the lift force on the deck pedal.

Do you know of any aftermarket products that I can install>
thank you
jwt
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt View Post
Just got back from the Dr. and he wants to carve on my knee. As I may be using a peg leg for a while I need a way to reduce the force.

Please indicate how to reduce the lift force on the deck pedal.

Do you know of any aftermarket products that I can install>
thank you
jwt
As I mentioned above, you can adjust the nuts that tension the springs on the deck lift rods, this will help by not needing as much pressure from your leg to push on the pedal.
I am not aware of any aftermarket deck lifts.

Pj
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I stand corrected, one of our top notch engineers was reading this... I need to update this, I have just been made aware that our hydraulic deck lift kit for the Super Z also fits the X-One.
It is part # 113932 MSRP is $999.00

Pj
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Could you use a length of tube steel placed over the existing peg. Make the tube long enough to reach with your left leg. Would only need to be 18" or so.
Ive thought of doing it myself!

Pj, have there been any changes made to the lift system? I was once told that running the machine with the deck say half way, using the deck lift system to hold up the deck can blow out seals or something.
Say your mowing along, lift deck over a root but forget to put deck back down.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Member

good news indeed.
There is a 102186 hydraulic lift kit listed at $499.
What are the differences? $500 extra is a big chunk after buying two mowers; makes the tube option suggested from the man doun-under look pretty good
thanks
jwt
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Could you use a length of tube steel placed over the existing peg. Make the tube long enough to reach with your left leg. Would only need to be 18" or so.
Ive thought of doing it myself!

Pj, have there been any changes made to the lift system? I was once told that running the machine with the deck say half way, using the deck lift system to hold up the deck can blow out seals or something.
Say your mowing along, lift deck over a root but forget to put deck back down.
The kit is new due to the models it fits, I've never heard of someone blowing out the seals though, the kit is made for lifting and lowering, not for "hold" you should always use the deck height pin to maintain cutting height.

Pj