Register free!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Best Truck/Van to use for a service vehicle?

Hello all, my company does a lot of work for well over 900 clients, for just lawn care each year. We service mainly Commercial, Industrial, and High-End Residential homes. We tend to lean towards clients who want the "works" and an install or two. But, here is our current dilemma for 2015, we have A LOT of clients that are now wanting us to service their lawn irrigation systems. I never wanted to really get into irrigation because i didn't ever see much of a demand for it, infact from the twenty years i've been in the industry, i've only been asked recently to service these systems. I have the resources to get people licensed to do irrigation, and have the money to purchase equipment and supplies to do everything. BUT, i have no clue what would work best for our application. Most of these sites already have systems in place, so we're looking at just servicing. I will purchase all necessary equipment for install as well, but we maily will be servicing. My question for right now is, what would you guys suggest for a vehicle? I'm looking into many different manufacturers, such as Ford, Isuzu ( which we currently use for lawn and landscaping), Nissan, and Mercedes. I am however, open to any commercial vehicle that will suit us well. I am looking at purchasing about 10 to 15 of these to start, and see how the demand goes from there, (remember, this is only for servicing). I wish they would let us try different options for a few weeks to see how they better-fit our company. These vehicles should be a delivery / van type vehicle. They will carry parts, supplies, and minimal pipe for fixes, and an air compressor for blow-outs and winterization. We are also considering having irrigation items for sale in a separate van, that we can use as a promotional vehicle at all of our events each year (don't know how that will work out).

Thanks all
Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lot of guys like Ford transit connects ( not to be confused with reg transit) 1 truck can handle 350-500 accounts depending on who is behind the wheel.

Tags
irrigation