Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

MJ Services

Here;s a few of my pics. I don't have many weekly accounts yet, I'm only up to 5. But I've picked up 4 of them in the last 4 weeks. One new per week. I hope it gets a little better but it seems tough to break in to this kind of work in my area. I also still dabble in construction. I'm doing a small sun room addition for a guy and then I'll be doing a huge deck this summer. I try to stay away from construction work, I used to do a lot more of it but this year I changed over to "property maintenance" The first pic is from last fall at an auction. My dad, brother and I went to get stuff just for at home. We did really well......
Attached Images

Last edited by Moose's Mowing; 05-02-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

here's a few more. most of them are of my ploe barn I store my camper and mowers in
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looking good, I really like your truck man.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, It's OK, I miss having a deisel pickup though. The 6.0 lacks power and sucks the gas but overall I like it. No real problems and it's god over 100k miles. I had to replace the front wheel bearings (it had a plow before I bought it) and I just replaced a bunch of broken exhaust manifold bolts and put new tires on it. I have a cap on it now for the dogs when we camp but it's really a PITA when I need the truck bed for anything else. I pretty much keep my little trailer hooked up to it all the time, I have a beater that I drive to my full time job.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

here we go, maybe they'll work this time
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ's Mowing View Post
Thanks, It's OK, I miss having a deisel pickup though. The 6.0 lacks power and sucks the gas but overall I like it. No real problems and it's god over 100k miles. I had to replace the front wheel bearings (it had a plow before I bought it) and I just replaced a bunch of broken exhaust manifold bolts and put new tires on it. I have a cap on it now for the dogs when we camp but it's really a PITA when I need the truck bed for anything else. I pretty much keep my little trailer hooked up to it all the time, I have a beater that I drive to my full time job.
Yeah, nothing like a diesel for power, but if you haven't had any real major problems with it and it has over 100k on it that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice barn man! Looks like you are really talented in the construction area.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAProLawnCare View Post
Nice barn man! Looks like you are really talented in the construction area.
thanks, I worked with a guy who was a very good carpenter back in high school and college, then I moved South and fell into a superintendent job. Then I moved back home and worked as a project manager in commercial construction but most of what I know I learned from that one guy I worked for during my summers. That guy was real fussy with his work and taught me a lot.

The barn turned out pretty good, only a few minor F-ups that most people wouldn't notice. The barn is done now, has been for a few years actually, it has overhead doors, but I don't think I have any pics of the final product. The tall side obviously is for my camper and the short side used to hold firewood and my junk. I've since cleaned it all out, put 2B stone down and built some shelves. All my handhelds are hanging on the one side, my saws are on the other and my mowers fit nicely in between. The shelves hold gas cans, oil and other crap. All my handtools are hung up in there as well. it's so nice being organized but I wish I had more space. My dad has a much bigger (although shorter) pole barn at his place up the road. I put concrete in his for the floor when I built his and it;s got lots of room. I have most of my tools over there and use that space as my shop to fix and service the vehicles and my equipment.

Once I get some more accounts, I'll post some more work pics. Hopefully sooner than later.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice barn! Goodluck getting more accounts!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work!

I would bet by the end of this year you will be well on your way. People that want good work will be seeking you out since your work stands above the rest. Good luck this season. Nice set-up.