Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco Website--Read

Guys: Below is a note that I send to John Deere Landscapes. You ought to copy it and email it to: reaelizabeth@johndeere.com
Sign your name--maybe if we group, something will be done.
Beth:
That is the website(Johndeerelandscape.com) that all of us (40,000+) have found. There is nothing there that describes the fertilize, the NPK ratios, no herbicides--all of which Lesco has on their shelves. So many times finding a product that control certain pest is needed to decide if it is "Friendly" with the turf. All of this was on the old Lesco website. This site is worthless to the professional trying to decide what we need. All 40K of us want the old info and web pages back. Certainly the web master can recall that info and put it under the products line.
Sorry for the rant, but your company needs to hear this--this is our industry and eventually your income.
40,000 members of the Lawn-Site cannot be wrong; as we recommend to everyone else what to buy and from whom. Good business practices show that a problem should be realized and fixed before it creates such a bigger problem that the bottom line will be effected.
Please find a solution to the problem that you created for all of us, including yourselves.

Roy Almaroad

Of course you could add your disdain, but not offensive. That Beth is just someone doing something to justify her job without really doing anything to help the matter, aka "Lip Service" like so many in those positions. They learned it from the politicians.

Roy
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally agree. There site is hard to find labels and info on there products.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

roy, i agree i was on there site a few months back right after they changed it. and your right the web site is worthless.. has no info at all about there products. i figured they would have changed it by now but i guess not...

i'll be more then happy to email them i used to like there site had great info on it...
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Funny, I just went through a search on a product and came up with nothing. I called my rep to ask and I told him their website sucks! Totally agree with the email.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just don't shop there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I didn't send an email me and my wallet just went somewhere else.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Guys: Below is a note that I send to John Deere Landscapes. You ought to copy it and email it to: reaelizabeth@johndeere.com
Sign your name--maybe if we group, something will be done.
Beth:
That is the website(Johndeerelandscape.com) that all of us (40,000+) have found. There is nothing there that describes the fertilize, the NPK ratios, no herbicides--all of which Lesco has on their shelves. So many times finding a product that control certain pest is needed to decide if it is "Friendly" with the turf. All of this was on the old Lesco website. This site is worthless to the professional trying to decide what we need. All 40K of us want the old info and web pages back. Certainly the web master can recall that info and put it under the products line.
Sorry for the rant, but your company needs to hear this--this is our industry and eventually your income.
40,000 members of the Lawn-Site cannot be wrong; as we recommend to everyone else what to buy and from whom. Good business practices show that a problem should be realized and fixed before it creates such a bigger problem that the bottom line will be effected.
Please find a solution to the problem that you created for all of us, including yourselves.

Roy Almaroad

Of course you could add your disdain, but not offensive. That Beth is just someone doing something to justify her job without really doing anything to help the matter, aka "Lip Service" like so many in those positions. They learned it from the politicians.

Roy
Roy, Thanks for the idea. I too would use the old website to review products and the cost prior to making my purchases. I sent a email too in support of your idea. Maybe just maybe we will get this asset back.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I sent an email a few weeks ago, and they replied stating functions of the old website will be back after a transition to their new web platform, and it will take several months.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is too funny. I was just at the Burnsville, MN JDL location on Tuesday telling their GM, Eric the same thing.

Email sent.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You all just answered the initial question. The problem is they are wanting you, we, us to contact a human for the answers. This way they can sell you something with total disregard to common sense. They are wanting the impulse buyer to splurge. I have been told by other competitor's that they dont want their information out there for all to steal............other competitor's etc.
However, I do feel that JDL should have to post the MSDS's and Label's just as we have to keep records in our vehicles.
FAIR IS FAIR!!