Register free!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
You all just answered the initial question. The problem is they are wanting you, we, us to contact a human for the answers. This way they can sell you something with total disregard to common sense. They are wanting the impulse buyer to splurge. I have been told by other competitor's that they dont want their information out there for all to steal............other competitor's etc.
However, I do feel that JDL should have to post the MSDS's and Label's just as we have to keep records in our vehicles.
FAIR IS FAIR!!
What inventory is available locally is a plus, pulling the label and knowing what target pest were, use rate etc etc where all great and something I wish was still there. All this info we can of course find elsewhere if you know what you are already looking for, but the website was great as you could just browse and find products that may work just as good at a better cost for you.
If they put the price it would be great but we all know that we each potentially pay a little different than the price listed...but it was handy on figuring what product gave you the most bang for your buck.
IMHO Lesco is generally is not the cheapest of the suppliers ...but being able to use there website for research and cost led me to buy from them many times even though they were slightly higher.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

JDL sucks, but the Lesco from the days of old rocked! I get all my chems from Harrell's now.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is why I purchase from BWI!!
Their website is vast......if you have an account! Put an order in on Monday and the shipment will be arriving in a day or two. This is respects that the distribution center is a couple hundred miles from me.
They drop ship it too your door.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The basic information for fertilizers, pesticides, etc, etc can be found by going to “Resources And Services, Technical Support.”

The cross reference charts for products and the associated pest issue can be found in the “2011-2012 Product Catalog” under “Products.” Attached is a PDF copy of these charts from pages 280-305 of the catalog.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

they bought LESCO 5 years ago, if they wanted the info on the web, it would already be out there
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have yet to get a reply from jd about their website. i'm sure they don't care about me.

the old lesco website was awesome. i guarantee they got more of my business because of it.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i don't understand, i just went there type in a fert in the search came up with 6 choices picked 1 and got labels and msds
Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Why is it so hard for people to understand that "Lesco" no longer exists? Lesco went out of business 4 years ago. JDL bought the name and closed most of the Lesco locations. Their is no longer ANY members of Lesco Corporate management involved and JDL just uses the Lesco name soley as a brand. JDL is not a fertilizer company nor do they want to be one
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

JDL or Lesco is overrated and overpriced, their web site is impossible to negotiate and get information, even on their hardware.

We get all our chemicals & fertilizer from Helena.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm confused as well. i spent the last few days looking up products by name. found all the item #'s label info and msds info i needed. https://www.johndeerelandscapes.com/...ds-labels.aspx i did like the old lesco site better, i thought they had some prices on there back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug-guy View Post
i don't understand, i just went there type in a fert in the search came up with 6 choices picked 1 and got labels and msds