Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-19-2002, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Truck Signs

At what point did you step up and get signs for the sides of your truck? Anyone got pictures as examples?

Do you use plastic/vinyl that cling or magnetic?

Roughly what should one expect to pay for them? Thanks!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

right away

Get them right away. When you are sitting at a job site you are a sitting billboard for your work you do. They can see the work and the name at the same time....Also when you are driving people see it everywhere......When you are parked people look at it.....Go to someone that is not gonna charge you for the design....that way if you do not like it then you can change it no cost. Pick somthing that is easy to remember. I went with a simple design that looks very classy (i think) i will get some pics of my new truck when it is lettered but unfortunately tht is not till feb 14...my logo guy is very busy. i am paying $120.00 for the bug shiel both doors and my salter to get logoed...that is installed price. good luck

Happy Cuttings and LET IT SNOW!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Pros and Cons

Sorry...forgot the vinyl or magnetic......well magnetic are nice cause they are not perminant but then again neither is vinyl...vinyl is compltely removable with a heat gun and adhesive remover but some fading may occur. Magnetic is easy to remove but may blow off at high speeds and they will scratch the hell out of the paint if you do not wipe them down daily they atract little metal shavings....dunno how but they do....so like i said pro's and cons....good luck again..

Happy Cuttings and LET IT SNOW!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

my opinion is magnetic signs are not permenate...leaves the impression your business aint permenate either.

i have seen some nice magnetic signs, i just dont like them

my opinion
Old 12-20-2002, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm having magnetic signs made now, and a metal sign for the back of my trailer. While the magnetic signs may have some disadvantages, I feel the ability to move them to another vehicle or a different location on the same vehicle make them a better buy for my particular situation.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

In my hood no commercial signs on vehicles parked overnight. Magnetic is the only option for me. Just keep the underside clean. I speak from experience, and so do the scratches. DOE
Old 12-20-2002, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I totally agree. The sooner you get signs on your truck and trailer the sooner you could be getting calls from new business. The truck and trailer should have signs to not only make the statement that you are proud of your work and want people to see your name but to let others know who you are.

Gravely_Man
Old 12-20-2002, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah get them right away. we have vynal, simple logo phone number and website. some co. here put all their services, motto's, etc.

magnetic can cause damage beyond scratching, i've seen paint come right off. not sure if it was moisture, bad paint, or what.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 12-20-2002, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I got magnetic signs right away. I like em because I can take them off when I want. Plus I can't afford a proffesional paint job right now. Look at www.magneticsigns.com. Thats where I got mine the price is good and so is the quality. Dave
Old 12-20-2002, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am gong with vinyl because of the professional look. I am not sure what they cost. Like someone else said, have your logo designed. This the is the logo I am going with. I will have my phone number in large print underneath the logo. I aimed to keep it simple and I think I did just that.
Attached Images

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci