Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

NE Florida (Jacksonville) RIP/RESOD Pricing

Hello All,

I am looking to get a rip/resod of my front lawn in northeast Florida, Jacksonville area. Currently it has sporadic St. Augustine grass as well as bare spots and weed ridden. Have done my research and think I want to go with Empire Zoysia this time. I am getting quotes of around 400$ per pallet for the rip/resod with an estimated 4 pallets. Can anyone tell me if that is fair/ fairly consistent with the going rate of a job like this?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I charge. 1.00 per square foot installed. You can find cheaper I'm sure but the price cut usually means poor sod quality.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
Hello All,

I am looking to get a rip/resod of my front lawn in northeast Florida, Jacksonville area. Currently it has sporadic St. Augustine grass as well as bare spots and weed ridden. Have done my research and think I want to go with Empire Zoysia this time. I am getting quotes of around 400$ per pallet for the rip/resod with an estimated 4 pallets. Can anyone tell me if that is fair/ fairly consistent with the going rate of a job like this?

Thanks
You say you want empire zoysia, do you realize there are a lot more costs involved with keeping this looking good? Really needs to be cut with a reel, and chem requirements are more. Lots of places are advertising it as "easy maintenance" which is not true.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I am in ocala definately a smaller market but my zoysia is 500 ft pallets and I get 85cents persq. I do great work with the best sod. And here's the crazy part all american work. You don't have to use a reel mower but you will have to mow twice a week in the summer time. Any questions feel free to ask. I am a small business here but knowledge and work second to none. Depending on location I may travel. Dave
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soddog#1 View Post
I am in ocala definately a smaller market but my zoysia is 500 ft pallets and I get 85cents persq. I do great work with the best sod. And here's the crazy part all american work. You don't have to use a reel mower but you will have to mow twice a week in the summer time. Any questions feel free to ask. I am a small business here but knowledge and work second to none. Depending on location I may travel. Dave
Posted via Mobile Device
The only reason you would be mowing 2x/week is bc you are cutting at .5 in or lower. You need a reel for that. If using a rotary which would go down to 1.25 in at lowest(which looks like crap), once/week is enough. If it is growing that much it is getting too much water and nitrogen. The lower the sod is cut, the less that h buildup. I will say again, cut with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
The only reason you would be mowing 2x/week is bc you are cutting at .5 in or lower. You need a reel for that. If using a rotary which would go down to 1.25 in at lowest(which looks like crap), once/week is enough. If it is growing that much it is getting too much water and nitrogen. The lower the sod is cut, the less that h buildup. I will say again, cut with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
The reason you mow twice a week is you mow at 2 inches and don't want to take more than a third of the blade which is only 5/8 of an inch for this you must mow every four days or so in the summer. This can be done with a sharp rotary mower.
Posted via Mobile Device