Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
socalkol socalkol is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 60
NE Florida (Jacksonville) RIP/RESOD Pricing

Hello All,

I am looking to get a rip/resod of my front lawn in northeast Florida, Jacksonville area. Currently it has sporadic St. Augustine grass as well as bare spots and weed ridden. Have done my research and think I want to go with Empire Zoysia this time. I am getting quotes of around 400$ per pallet for the rip/resod with an estimated 4 pallets. Can anyone tell me if that is fair/ fairly consistent with the going rate of a job like this?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 8,824
That's what I charge. 1.00 per square foot installed. You can find cheaper I'm sure but the price cut usually means poor sod quality.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
Hello All,

I am looking to get a rip/resod of my front lawn in northeast Florida, Jacksonville area. Currently it has sporadic St. Augustine grass as well as bare spots and weed ridden. Have done my research and think I want to go with Empire Zoysia this time. I am getting quotes of around 400$ per pallet for the rip/resod with an estimated 4 pallets. Can anyone tell me if that is fair/ fairly consistent with the going rate of a job like this?

Thanks
You say you want empire zoysia, do you realize there are a lot more costs involved with keeping this looking good? Really needs to be cut with a reel, and chem requirements are more. Lots of places are advertising it as "easy maintenance" which is not true.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
soddog#1 soddog#1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ocala, fl
Posts: 11
I am in ocala definately a smaller market but my zoysia is 500 ft pallets and I get 85cents persq. I do great work with the best sod. And here's the crazy part all american work. You don't have to use a reel mower but you will have to mow twice a week in the summer time. Any questions feel free to ask. I am a small business here but knowledge and work second to none. Depending on location I may travel. Dave
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by soddog#1 View Post
I am in ocala definately a smaller market but my zoysia is 500 ft pallets and I get 85cents persq. I do great work with the best sod. And here's the crazy part all american work. You don't have to use a reel mower but you will have to mow twice a week in the summer time. Any questions feel free to ask. I am a small business here but knowledge and work second to none. Depending on location I may travel. Dave
Posted via Mobile Device
The only reason you would be mowing 2x/week is bc you are cutting at .5 in or lower. You need a reel for that. If using a rotary which would go down to 1.25 in at lowest(which looks like crap), once/week is enough. If it is growing that much it is getting too much water and nitrogen. The lower the sod is cut, the less that h buildup. I will say again, cut with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
soddog#1 soddog#1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ocala, fl
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
The only reason you would be mowing 2x/week is bc you are cutting at .5 in or lower. You need a reel for that. If using a rotary which would go down to 1.25 in at lowest(which looks like crap), once/week is enough. If it is growing that much it is getting too much water and nitrogen. The lower the sod is cut, the less that h buildup. I will say again, cut with a reel.
Posted via Mobile Device
The reason you mow twice a week is you mow at 2 inches and don't want to take more than a third of the blade which is only 5/8 of an inch for this you must mow every four days or so in the summer. This can be done with a sharp rotary mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.06138 seconds with 7 queries