Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

BeeLine mowers new video!

I know we have talked about these mowers in the past. Has anyone tried one yet? I would love to test one out...

http://www.beelinemowers.com/videos.html
Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Those are really interesting machines, but I disagree with the owner about them standing up long term to commercial use. There's just a lot more moving parts, pins, and extra holes to loosen up over time which can ead to early retirment of the machine, rough cuts etc.

Still, I'd like to demo one some time just to see how they do, and to see if I'm wrong.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wonder if you can "float" the deck while it's pivoting?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like someone dug out howard prices 20 year old design....nothing new here.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
Looks like someone dug out howard prices 20 year old design....nothing new here.
Could you please explain a little bit more in detail?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They dont seem to be a commercial mower, why advertise its perfect for the homeowner and commercial use?

Any their feature of the whole deck pivoting... nothing new. My JD wb does the same thing...

I like the idea of the easy access deck, but I could just see one of those pins snapping making the casters fling hard into the wide position.

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkane97 View Post
They dont seem to be a commercial mower, why advertise its perfect for the homeowner and commercial use?

Any their feature of the whole deck pivoting... nothing new. My JD wb does the same thing...

I like the idea of the easy access deck, but I could just see one of those pins snapping making the casters fling hard into the wide position.
Oh snap.......

I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow and have a few words with him.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There's too many moving parts for me. I've never needed to adjust my casters in or out, and I can raise my mowers with a jack and have the blades off in the time it takes to unfold that one and get the belts off. One a good note, it looked like it cut and discharged fairly well in the taller grass, which I was surprised by after seeing the underside of the deck. I too would demo one though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
There's too many moving parts for me. I've never needed to adjust my casters in or out, and I can raise my mowers with a jack and have the blades off in the time it takes to unfold that one and get the belts off. One a good note, it looked like it cut and discharged fairly well in the taller grass, which I was surprised by after seeing the underside of the deck. I too would demo one though.
Posted via Mobile Device
TN-

Just curious- Why did you think it cut well for "the way it looked under the deck"?

This is just my opinion because I've never run one, but I thought the front baffling under the deck looked like it ought to do very well discharging. Maybe not quite like the V+, VX4, or the std 7 Iron, but pretty good, and at least as good as the 7 Iron MOD, and maybe a bit better than an ICD. The left blade seems like it is very close to being baffled like an UC and have the same basic vacume effect, but the way that the baffle was shaped around the center was a bit more open like an ICD baffle, and then wide open on across the right blade area seemed like it should help throw the clippings very well, yet not leave as large of clipping pieces like the V+ or the VX4 do with their wide open designs.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGrassCutter View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Me too. I can stick my Kubota on a mow jack and get the blades of faster than I ever could with that mower. That thing appears to be just like power windows in a car. Its a nice feature till they tear up.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
1995 36" Scag Walk Behind