Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Anybody here run the rubber stripe kit? Just got mine today. Might put it on tomorrow before I cut my lawn. If I do I will make sure to cut a different (pain in the azz) direction to see how it does.
I ordered the rubber stripe kit after I returned the hex striper. Been waiting about 3 weeks for it...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I ordered the rubber stripe kit after I returned the hex striper. Been waiting about 3 weeks for it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Weird mine came in 3 days.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Weird mine came in 3 days.
I think its my dealer....He must order in bulk to save on shipping. Im about to order things myself online!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 06-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Anybody here run the rubber stripe kit? Just got mine today. Might put it on tomorrow before I cut my lawn. If I do I will make sure to cut a different (pain in the azz) direction to see how it does.
Got one on mine. Nice kit other than the rubber flap itself. You'll need to pull the rear wheels to put it on. Not too big a job. Mine was marked incorrectly on the rubber for cutting so when cut it had to be installed backward (shiny side facing back) I have mine in the top notch and would recommend trying the second notch. I will eventually make my own flap using conveyor material then it should put down some sweet stripes. This is what my early Hustler used from factory.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Got one on mine. Nice kit other than the rubber flap itself. You'll need to pull the rear wheels to put it on. Not too big a job. Mine was marked incorrectly on the rubber for cutting so when cut it had to be installed backward (shiny side facing back) I have mine in the top notch and would recommend trying the second notch. I will eventually make my own flap using conveyor material then it should put down some sweet stripes. This is what my early Hustler used from factory.
Awesome thanks for the tips. I hope to get it on tomorrow afternoon before I cut my lawn. If all goes well we will finish our lawns tomorrow. That way I will have the chance to do the full dialysis training with my wife on friday.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I think its my dealer....He must order in bulk to save on shipping. Im about to order things myself online!
Posted via Mobile Device

This is where I get my oem parts from. Always gets drop shipped directly from ariens and I have it in 2 to 3 days with standard shipping.

http://www.arienspartsdirect.com/
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Awesome thanks for the tips. I hope to get it on tomorrow afternoon before I cut my lawn. If all goes well we will finish our lawns tomorrow. That way I will have the chance to do the full dialysis training with my wife on friday.
By this are you talking kidneys? If so sorry to hear about it and will send up a prayer.

One other thing on the striper I thought of. You may consider cutting the top edge off once you decide on the height you want. The remaining top flap sticks up and creates a channel that collects dirt, clippings, water, etc. and IMO just looks hill billy.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
By this are you talking kidneys? If so sorry to hear about it and will send up a prayer.
Ditto.

That's what I wondered too as soon as I read that. I don't wish that on anyone PSC. I hope all goes well for you guys.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

One other thing on the striper I thought of. You may consider cutting the top edge off once you decide on the height you want. The remaining top flap sticks up and creates a channel that collects dirt, clippings, water, etc. and IMO just looks hill billy.

Yeah she is in stage 5 kidney failure. Sarcoidosis attacked her kidneys which is ULTRA rare. So rare in fact we had to take her to Johns Hopkins so they could figure out what the cause of the failure was. They were talking about writing up a case study on her. For the last month I have had to be at the dialysis center 4 days a week. 3 of those days by 1pm and tuesdays by 12. I have been getting on customers lawns no later than 7:30 and just absolutely flying on the mower and running with the trimmer and blower. Then when i head up to the center my 63 year old father has been going back out to do 2 or 3 more.

I think next Wednesday is the day we get to start doing the dialysis here at home! The nxstage machine and pureflo is getting delivered this friday. There are about 5 or 6 of us that are going to get tested. Her sister will most likely be the best match but me and a bunch of her friends will get tested also. The Dr's feel very confident she will get a kidney from one of us.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am very sorry to hear about that... But That good news is awesome!! I really hope everything goes well for you guys. let us know how everything goes for her
Posted via Mobile Device