Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
ProStreet I need to thank you. I ordered my stripe kit and OEM blades and had them in two days! I have been waiting over three weeks for my dealer to get these parts! I dont know what he is doing over there but for now on its ariens parts direct for me!
Posted via Mobile Device

No problem at all. Before you install the stripe kit hold it up in place and make sure the locations that are marked on it to cut are correct. They are incorrect for the 60" mowers. If its not correct just mark the correct spots and cut it. Me and mtmower had to install ours backwards with the shiny side toward the back of the mower. Another tip would be to use a 3/8 air ratchet to install the bolts. The holes are not threaded and the bolts are designed to cut there own threads. It takes a star bit which i did not have. I found a hex bit that fit in the bolts tight so I used that.

I may buy some thick flat bar stock and bolt a solid piece all the way across the bottom of the rubber that contacts the ground. The kit works but not as defined as I would have liked to see and I think it is because the rubber is not stiff enough to put much downward pressure on the grass. I would try putting the kit on with the last hole at the top. Maybe that would help with a little extra pressure on the grass. I used 2nd hole.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Mowing View Post
I have found an Oregon Blade that is 20.5" long 3" wide high lift that cuts better than the factory high lifts due to the increased lift. With these higher lift blades I have noticed almost no straggle pieces left uncut. The discharge is improved, still not as good as a 7 Iorn in wet or taller grass. My deck is set at 1/4 of an inch lower in the front. The X factor does not have more overlap than any mower on the market, the overlap would be close to one inch, the same as a Dixie Chopper, Bad Boy, Exmark etc... any 60" with a 20.5" blade. I think that the discharge opening on the X Factor needs to be larger to get a little better clipping dispersal. I have removed and re-installed the little baffle on the discharge to see if it made any difference and it did not. I have noticed in taller and wet grass that there are two different discharge streams of clippings, the first is the grass that comes out of the front of the discharge and the second is what comes out of the rear of the discharge where the baffle is. I have noticed this is where the clumping happens only in wet or taller grass.
M&M, What's your blade part # for the 3" high lift? Is it a straight or humped blade? Is it notched? I talked to Dennis at Oregon and he found some 2.5" but didn't have any luck in a notched, straight, high lift in 3".
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It would be a Hustler SuperZ blade.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
The deck is pretty long front to back. The X-Factor deck has (don't quote me i could be wrong) the most blade overlap of any deck in the industry.
Pro Ride 200 has high flow deck with
1.5" overlap
Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey GMLC I have some Oregon 91-623 SUPER high lifts I run on my older 152z.The are 3" wide notch blades and have a 1 1/2" lift.They cut nice and discharge super far in dry conditions.The only problem I have with them is they zap alot of hp from the motor and really draw down 25hp kaw in wet conditions.I might try a set of the factory 452 blades to see how they perform.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey GMLC I have some Oregon 91-623 SUPER high lifts I run on my older 152z.The are 3" wide notch blades and have a 1 1/2" lift.They cut nice and discharge super far in dry conditions.The only problem I have with them is they zap alot of hp from the motor and really draw down 25hp kaw in wet conditions.I might try a set of the factory 452 blades to see how they perform.
I use those blades occasionally for a bi-weekly account using a FB460V(12.5 HP) grind the lift down to 1 1/4",re-balance, makes big difference not sapping the HP and discharging is about the same or better cuz the strain on the engine has been reduced,at least that's what I've experienced.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

3.5" cut on this lawn today. This lawn has a lot of junk in it. Has not been treated in years. I could beat the little old asian dude for not trimming those pines up you see toward the back. They beat the crap out of me trying to get under and around them. That is why the stripes curve a bit at the end.

2004 Gravely 34Z

Last edited by ProStreetCamaro; 06-20-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
3.5" cut on this lawn today. This lawn has a lot of junk in it. Has not been treated in years.

very nice!!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

One from this morning...mostly clover...
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Clover stripes! That lawn needs some trimec. We have some lawns that have clover pretty bad in them. Is it hot up there? It is supposed to be 95 and is super humid today here. I am glad we got out early and got done early. 11 tomorrow and we are done for the week! Should be done by 11:30 tomorrow. 6 in one spot are 1/2 to a little over an acre each.
2004 Gravely 34Z