Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bad Friday???

Anyone else have a bad day? I mulched my droid...otter box is fine but phone is bent in half ...slipped out of my pocket and found it all over the yard on the next pass. Friend of mine ran over his backpack blower today and busted it up. Just wondered if I was in good company today or if its just us....
And its not even a full moon yet Just kidding.....
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

No, I had a very good day actually.

Your post makes me happy that I ordered a holster for my brand new Samsung Galaxy S II - a holster with BELT LOOPS!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Someone needs to invent a cell phone detect sensor for the front of our mowers...or just stay in your truck and use a remote control. Fella, we all have bad days and some of us have bad months even but for you to go out and commit cell phone abuse on a poor innocent Android, is just too much to swallow. Let me guess, it was an accident? I can tell by your original post you were just upset at the auto-correct feature, huh?

Hope I made your day better with my attempt at humor...

I can't for the life of me get parts to show up on time for a whole month. Anyone know a supplier I can get heavy flywheels for the Briggs Pro series 8.75 engines? 2 suppliers keep telling me next week over and over again
Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I leave my phone in the truck. I'm not going to hear it ring anyway.

I did one time run over my Nextel DC phone with a old N8 tractor in a field. I was at a friends place messing around on the tractor and my phone popped off the clip-on holster and never realized it until I had stopped. I had to have him call my phone for about 15-20 minutes over and over before we found it. It took a beating. Broke the screen so you didn't know what was going on. Did I tell ya this was a new phone not a week old? Lucky I had insurance on it and took it in and they swapped it out for another new one.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i always leave my phone in the truck as well. i hate having things in my pockets while i'm working. i dunno it just annoys me. my day went pretty good. picked up my new trimmer/edger today and used it for the first time.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwright238 View Post

I can't for the life of me get parts to show up on time for a whole month. Anyone know a supplier I can get heavy flywheels for the Briggs Pro series 8.75 engines? 2 suppliers keep telling me next week over and over again
PM me the part #
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

These kinds of things usually happen to me on Friday too. Last year it was my wallet. I had to call 6 credit card companies and the driver's license place and explain why and how my cards got mulched up. Those Gator G6 blades diced those suckers. I could only find small parts of a couple of them.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

See that is why I love my dumb phone! I would LOVE a nice Android phone some days, but my little Samsung Convoy fits in my pocket better and I don't gotta worry about mowing it up!

Honda HRC216HXA Commercial 21" Mower
Stihl FS90r
Stihl KM110 with String Trimmer, Articulating Hedge Trimmer, and Pick Tine Cultivator
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl SH56 Shredder Vac
Stihl MS250 Chain Saw
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What makes it worse is that I had only had this phone like 3 weeks...it was a replacement for the last one I dropped.
It was not supposed to be with me...I had been specifically instructed to leave it in the truck by my parents (My dad owns the business and has the plan so I have to listen) so that stuff like this does not happen. Well I forgot to take it out. Bye Bye phone....
Without a phone for the weekend...maybe thats for the best. At least its on call forward in case someone wants a bid.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Got rained out late in the day again. As I finished one yard the spring that holds tension for the pto on the navigator broke. Luckily I had my z950 with.
Posted via Mobile Device