Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2003, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Kevin -

The weedwacker rack and backback blower rack was purchased through Lesco. You can get them online at a couple places but they are all within five bucks. The others shelves to hold handheld blowers and sprayers we custom built, then just put eye hooks on the wall and secured them with bungee cords. As far as the cabinets this is what I would reccomend. We took measurements then went to a local store that accepts donated household materials that they resell to benefit local community groups. They had lots of cabinets that people took out of their kitchens when they upgraded, most of which were in pretty good shape for $15 or so. Or check the local paper, people will dump them cheap. These are just a few ideas for equipping the trailer. The heavier items I would secure really well. You'll figure it out real quick after a couple trips around the block what moves around and what doesn't. Also we have an air compressor up front with a splitter. One goes to a recoil up front and the other runs to the back along the ceiling encased in PVC pipe to the back corner so we have air access in the back to avoid pulling a machine up along side. Plus we can run two airtools at one time this way to change blades faster.

Hope this helps.

etwman.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

DLCS - Know Meglie in your area? - He has the Flex-Deck on about three mowers -
Old 01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flex-Deck
DLCS - Know Meglie in your area? - He has the Flex-Deck on about three mowers -
Yep, I know Roy Meglie. Well, I know who he is, I see him around alot. I have a friend who used to work for him. I think he is using Flexdecks on all his mowers now. If I'm not mistaken, he is using them on his Country Clipper ztrs. I know he has one on his Exmark walkbehind too.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 01-25-2003, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

DLCS - you are correct - the country clipper is one of the old original style decks, and it was the one I realized how well it worked on the ZTR - that is one reason I knew what it would do when demoing to dixie chopper for the ZTR - He also runs one on a 36" eXmark -about a 1985 model - says it bags great and mows about twice what the original did - Also runs one on his 855 or 955 utility with a 72" main deck - in fact slammed the flex-deck into a bridge abutment and told me not to change anything as to the way the bracket was designed as it did nothing to the flex-deck - it just slid the tractor front end sideways.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Dinasour?

So the best hen in the hen house is a dinasour huh? I won't take it personal because yes it is the old SSZ52 1996, BUT.... yes I use it everyday, It'll cut with the best of them(not with a 7.5mph ground speed) but quaility, cuts as flat as a board, hydros will still jerk you like they were new, 1200hrs, 2nd motor ,yea I know about kohlers, stripes better than my deere ( neither have a striping kit), And from the sound of some other guys I do have a use for it. In the fall it has a leaf plow that slides in the front end and is a REAL time saver, not to mention tarps! So don't count this mama out yet. Its not as fast as some but it'll cut better than alot.
ETWMAN: I'm in central Delaware, Kent County
Attached Images

I live to cut grass and I cut grass to live!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

by the way bushhogboy.. are you the one who made a v blade out of plywood for your mower to plow snow and push leaves? Don't rag my stuff because right in your profile its says fixed deck, cracked deck and what ever else. She still cuts like new and does not have a crack, weld, or bend to her. Sorry I just read your post again, thats what kind of mower you have.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2003, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

hope you still think its funny.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2003, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Funny huh?
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2003, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If your customers are happy WHO CARES how old your mowers are

I just retiered a beat up & tired 10 year old 48" jacobson and it was still striping as nice as the day I got it. but it was time for a new Exmark
Old 01-30-2003, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lawn Tek
Funny you should say that , Here I am pulling my landscaping trailer through mcds drive through hear a sound , look back and see Im wiping out thier landscape .
Way to go out there and "beat the bushes" for new landscaping work!