Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just fine, knock on wood. No problems at all. It has about 60,000 miles on it now.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A couple shots at end of Friday. Due to rain in the area it restricted us from Poly Sanding, we'll do it Monday morning and be gone by noon. We did get it acid washed, scrubbed, and rinsed off. We do this on every hardscape job and it brightens the colors tremendously, another item that makes us stand apart from the competition.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 08-16-2008, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

you might want to watch the birds more than you think, they have alooooooooooooot to teach you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amazing work , and youre trucks are freaking awsome, love the 550!!!!!!!!id love one for landscaping , one day!
98 CHEVY 3500 8 FT reading service body 8 FT Fisher MM
Morbark 12" Wood Chipper 110hp Cummins Diesel
2011 6X14 American Hauler open landscape trailer dual axle
07 52"/19 kawi-Wright Stander
07 48"/15 kawi-Exmark Viking ECS
06 48"/15 kawi-Exmark Metro ECS
21" Toro push mower / 21" John Deere push mower
Echo 2 cycle
STIHL chain saws-441-361-290-190-180
Old 08-16-2008, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
I only have one question. What is off road
diesel?? I have a diesel truck, and mower. I run premium diesel in
both. Seems to do the trick. Thanks again, and happy holidays!

Hey everyone listen to this!!!!!

............. Get this on road is about $1.50 gallon. Off road, $.89. Big difference. And perfectly Legal......

etwman.

From 12/23/02....Thought it was interesting...
Old 08-16-2008, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

awesome job. I did one within the 3000 sq ft range. Alot of prep - laying is the easy part and I was dealing with a square so very little cutting. If I may ask, and if you may tell, what price range was this in? Did you go by sq ft for laying or was there a total bid and you sub out the excavation of concrete and base work?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is like a broken record. You don't ever go by price per sf on any paver installation. Its been said once, its been said a million times on this site. Every job is different. Truthfully I don't even know where we were at on price per sf on this job. I know my costs, my material, labor, and time it took me to do the job. Every company is different. We have a great estimating program that tell us all that information. In order to be successful in this industry you have to know your operating numbers. If you don't your shooting in the dark.

Numbers on projects is something I won't discuss on a public forum, its no different than pay rates on employees. Everyone reads this and that would not be a wise move.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I here ya. I usually don't do any of the excavation work unless I have the time and equipment for the job - not transporting equipment from place to place to keep job 1 and job 2 going at the same time. I have had an engineer do his study, and one time the base was not correct due to difference in soil from point a to point b and therefore alot more prep/excavtion work needed to be done which blew the estimate/price/quote out the window!

Either way, looks great!

I do quote projects but I guess alot of times it is based on our reputation of work, time frame and uniquiness that I do for the clients. I feel sometime the higher the price the more the client wants us cuz were high and therefore I think the client senses were better!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! I was going through this thread, and i was post #44! Man, that was a long time ago. (Same month i joined the site 12-02)

I now know what off-road diesel is...lol However, i dont have the diesel mower any longer. Still have the truck though. And what about the prices of diesel back than!!?!?

Still a great thread, keep up the good work Jarod.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

etwman does your stihl back pack blower backfire after use and get really hot like mine ?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jarod, did you write the estimating software or are you using a box software? I'm looking to speed up our estimate process by moving to a software that we can add production times for different processes and just fill in the blanks and watch the calculations. We estimate using the MORS system which might be similar to what you do. Thanks.