Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow i have read this entire trend from 2002 to present and wow wow wow i just started my own business only 2 months ago yes bad time of year but it is what you make of it etwman you got it going on
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I hear its cold in PA......hope that jobsite doesn't freeze up on you!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

So how is it working out for you in the field lol how is the shop coming
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ground is top frozen, by an inch or two. Temps Monday in mid 40's should take care of that and we should be back at it. Way too early for this cold weather, I don't care if I never see snow this winter. I have enough other stuff to keep us busy.

Below is a pic from the job on page 110 that's opened up, pool will be shot this week, footers in, etc. We should be prepping base mid December if the winter holds and my travertine arrives on time.

The shop expansion I really want to do my self with all the displays and structure out front. Right now I don't have the time and I'm not hiring more guys, I already took on three in the last month. My goal is to have it done by April, we shall see.

Nice comment Todd. You wouldn't believe hold cold it was up here Saturday morning, wait, yes you would. Good to see you.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 11-23-2008, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Nice work do you think the weather will set you back on the current project or did you allow a few extra days in case of freezing ? It was 32 degrees here but no ice we are lucky to see sleet we had the roads ice over one time in the early 1990s
Old 11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I hate the muddy fall. At times I'm not sure which is worse the frozen ground or the mud. This is where if you don't have a track machine you're done.

Kitchen is underway. All stainless steel appliances were ordered. 48" grill, sink, fridge, burners, cabinets, etc. About 2000 sf of pavers are down 800 sf to go, upper tier done next week, and on out the driveway we go for another 2000 sf. We'll probably block the kitchen up and come back and stone it later, drop appliances in, and put the granite top on. We're doing all the work in house. Another job is calling....
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Jared- Explain to me how grid works when it is one row from the top?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have a whole fleet picture from this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrusk View Post
Jared- Explain to me how grid works when it is one row from the top?
I was sorta wondering the same. I would have thought it would be 2 or 3 courses from the top.

Also, how old are those houses? All the backyards look pretty bare.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually you really don't even need the grid to be fully honest in this application according to most manufacturers. We're just putting it in as a precautionary measure. The wall is only 2 1/2 feet high. We'll backfill the wall with clean stone up to the grid level. Pull it out and stone the rest in with modified. The above patio is down to subgrade. We'll be buring the grid under 8" of modified stone. That'll be plenty for that small wall.