Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The one job all the pavers are done in the back yard, around the pool, upper patio, and up to the driveway. The kitchen is fully blocked up and the veneer and tile is going on Monday. On Friday we wripped out the driveway and have begun prepping it for base (154 ton going in Monday). By the end of next week we should have pavers down in the driveway, kitchen veneered, appliances in, and waiting on the counter top. All this is being done in house so we control our own destiny, assuming the weather cooperates. Good news it is 4 miles from our shop so travel isn't a major issue.

Will post pics of that one later this week.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm too busy mowing to wash my equipment that much!!!! Also, with the watering bans, they won't allow it here.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How's everything going with the driveway?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
pj-

"No back vacs, we don't bag anything. We send it right back where it came from. We don't cut anything less than 3.5"

etwman
Yeah I'm a little behind on this thread. I'm also up in NEPA. What about in the spring a fall? Do you adjust your heights or do you just run it at 3.5 all year round. Sending it back where it came from, same here man.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlapLip View Post
Yeah I'm a little behind on this thread. I'm also up in NEPA. What about in the spring a fall? Do you adjust your heights or do you just run it at 3.5 all year round. Sending it back where it came from, same here man.

Dude, when was that post from? They don't do maint work anymore.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumLandCon View Post
Dude, when was that post from? They don't do maint work anymore.
Like I said, I was a little behind on this one. The post was on page 1. I never had the time to read the whole thread. Just curious.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Driveway was all dug out last week and stoned in with 132 tons in a day. We put the Freightliners on round trip and did it all in a day. Driveway is ready for pavers once the weather is condusive. I'll post pics later.

Right now I've escaped to NY for a 800 mile snowmobile trip, returning Sunday. The temp this morning is a balmy -26F. It adds a whole different experience to snowmobiling. I'd throw up a pic but the camera is frozen.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-16-2009, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of sleds do you run, ETWman?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Driveway was all dug out last week and stoned in with 132 tons in a day. We put the Freightliners on round trip and did it all in a day. Driveway is ready for pavers once the weather is condusive. I'll post pics later.

Right now I've escaped to NY for a 800 mile snowmobile trip, returning Sunday. The temp this morning is a balmy -26F. It adds a whole different experience to snowmobiling. I'd throw up a pic but the camera is frozen.
800miles on a snow mobile? That thing better have a cab before I'll be out in 26below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a few pics of the driveway, nothing elaborate. We dug it out/stoned in with our equipment in an 8 hour day. The back kitchen is scratch coated, plumbing, electrical, and gas are all in. Veneer & tile going on next, appliances are all in, granite should be here soon, kitchen should be done in about a week. One good week of above freezing temps would finish all the hardscape... if I could get it.

Sled of choice: Ski Doo Rev XP Renegade X w/ the new 600 E-Tec. A true engineering marvel.
Attached Images