Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I told myself not to get involved in this but I'm still baffled. Rusk do you really have nothing better to do than sit on here all day staring at pics of jarod's work and try to find problems? You know its okay for someone to have a bigger and better company than you. It's supposed to encourage you to be as good as you can. His jobs are some of the best if not the best on this site or anywhere. He didn't become a major supplier of photos to one of the leading hardscape suppliers by doing poor work. The area that jarod's located in I'd imagine the clients he does work for all know each other(since he mostly relies on word of mouth referral), and if he did bad work it would have affected his growth significantly by now. Well I'm done at the auto garage so I'm back to work.
Adam
Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Just because a job looks good when you are done does not necessarily mean it will look good in a few years.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertPro View Post
Just because a job looks good when you are done does not necessarily mean it will look good in a few years.
That's true but I think after 8 years of constant growth and impressive jobs, they know a thing or two about proper construction methods.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Lawn and Garden View Post
I told myself not to get involved in this but I'm still baffled. Rusk do you really have nothing better to do than sit on here all day staring at pics of jarod's work and try to find problems? You know its okay for someone to have a bigger and better company than you. It's supposed to encourage you to be as good as you can. His jobs are some of the best if not the best on this site or anywhere. He didn't become a major supplier of photos to one of the leading hardscape suppliers by doing poor work. The area that jarod's located in I'd imagine the clients he does work for all know each other(since he mostly relies on word of mouth referral), and if he did bad work it would have affected his growth significantly by now. Well I'm done at the auto garage so I'm back to work.
Adam
Those were some big gaps even to a non-hardscaper. If it wasn't ETW, would he REALLY be above reproach? I don't think so.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do i think the gaps are big? A little, but I don't know a dang thing about patios, but he has proved himself to know more than enough about them. He's the kind of guy that if it was wrong, he would make his guys go back and fix it. Thus why his crew takes the amount of pics they do. Moving on. So how are you looking to arrange your crews next year jarod?

Adam
Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm new..just joined yesterday(found this from ********?!?! don't ask how I found that before cuz I feel this site has a TON more info)...got sucked into this book....it's 5:33 am(evansville,in). Someone said in a early post that if your geared for an all-niter(I DID IT!) With that said--Nice thread...that can't justify it enough. Quality work and quality information from everyone. I tip my cap to you ETW for keeping this ship in its mature state. For we all know that these threads and forums and get ugly and non-informative in a hurry. OH and I'm going to go to bed so carry on......
Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

No doubt Platinum, but some people can get caught up looking at huge patios and big, shiney trucks and can quickly forget what reallygoes into installing a quality job.

P.S. Adam, have you picked out a date as to when the surgeons will be removing you from ETWMan's anus?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lets not get our panties in a bunch here guys!
Take a look at the pic again. 1 gap is maybe 1/2" the rest are definitely under that
and when the sand gets swept in, you wont notice.
Look at the rest of the soldier courses and you wont see a problem.
Just one stupid gap and you would think you guys are gonna have a conniption fit!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok , you guy are all stupid. Most people on here that are commenting on ETW's work are probably 19 year old lawn mowing guys(nothing wrong with mowing guys) who have never done a paver in there lives. Im not a old timer but ive been "around" some time. Them posted pics are top notch quality. Im sure he will adjust 6-8 of the solider course and the only decent gap will be gone.

Until you have built a few projects at this level you will never understand all the different items that have to tie together and "work" There are many fixed points that have to be hit on a project of this size.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys all need to just settle down a little bit, take some Ritalin for crying out loud. Its three gaps, good grief they'll be fixed before its sanded. There's nothing that can be done about it this second, there's a 4" frost line in the ground.

We had a warm day yesteday and today and were able to veneer the kitchen, I'll post pics of that later. I really like the veneer the customer picked, its different.

Attached I grabbed just three of over 34 project photos that were in various vendor catalogs for 2009. I could be wrong, but I don't think we'd have that many projects published if our work was that bad.

I am headed to Florida next week for additional meeting for futher golf courses we have on the hook in the northeast. More details to follow on those later. In the meantime try and control yourselves over a couple pavers.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."