Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-25-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Junior M - We've added some equipment from the last photo shoot and are putting some more together as we speak. I changed the graphics on one truck and am strongly contimplating doing all the others. When this is all said and done I'll attempt to get a picture of everything, but there is no telling when it will be. Remember a business isn't all about how much equipment one has, and surely isn't about how much NEW equipment one has.

jwingfield - Its mostly catalogs, product samples, etc. for customers we meet with in the conference room to go over plans.
I know its not, I am just curious of how you've changed and grown since the last photo which just contained the 2 FL70's your long bed GMC and I believe an F550? If I am thinking of the right thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We've added more innovative equipment....we'll leave it in suspense for now.

In addition, we just hired four more guys full time with benefits in the past three months. So I would say we are definitely growing in a volitale time. The spring looks quite promising for us and we are currently maxed with our equipment, thus things will need to change once again.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

ETW-

PM about that Ski-Doo. Which 600 model was it? Very interested about those new BRP machines!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

In addition, we just hired four more guys full time with benefits in the past three months. So I would say we are definitely growing in a volitale time. The spring looks quite promising for us.
Wow, I am definetly excited to see the photo shoot, sounds like you've grown quite a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

In addition, we just hired four more guys full time with benefits in the past three months. So I would say we are definitely growing in a volitale time. The spring looks quite promising for us and we are currently maxed with our equipment, thus things will need to change once again.
Hey How do you operate in the winter months with "Full Time" employees? Assuming you don't do any more commercial snow removal
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We keep our selves pretty occupied, working on equipment, trade shows, etc. You can push on with some site work as long as you are careful with what you do and take the right precautions. You make the most of the good days you have.

We also have a bunch of custom cut paver work for one upcoming project that we are doing at our shop, will repalletize, and will take it to that project this spring.

Guys will take layoff if its really necessary, but the work is there and if we don't get on top of it by spring, we will be bottlenecked.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-25-2009, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jarod

as usual thanks for keeping us updated
Old 01-26-2009, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

jarod how come you changed the logo design on the trucks? i really liked it, said before and will continue you are living up to your slogan you truely are leaders in landscaping, do you guys still have the f550?

-thanks Steve
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We're just changing the graphics some, not the tag line. We incorporated over a year ago and needed to change things anyway. If I'm going to have to do that, I'll change a couple other things. The website will be getting an overhaul too. Its 3 years old and needs a facelift. I've seen some preliminaries for the new one and it'll put our current site to shame.

Yes we still have the 550.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know this was a wile ago but what was the model of that little jcb backhoe you had?
Thanks