Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2005, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I noticed you said you were buying these trucks off of Penske lease but where are you buying them? Location, website, etc?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
I noticed you said you were buying these trucks off of Penske lease but where are you buying them? Location, website, etc?
Here are some!! http://stores.ebay.com/WYATT-JOHNSON-GMC Hope that helps.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My equipment - 9 1/2 foot swath\
Old 01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Flex - this post is primarily for etwman's equipment.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Lawncare, not quite the selection I was looking for and none of them are similarly equipped as etwman's Freightliner.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Excuseemawa - I believe the title of the thread is """equipment photos"""" did not realize that one person is involved. Thought this was a 25000 member ship deal. I will have to be more discerning in the future.

Hope everyone likes his pics. they are good - glad he washes everything every day. Looks professional.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought it was also, but after reading he didn't ask for anybody elses pictures. Not a big deal.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bull Pocky - it is a big deal - when I was sponsoring, I could do this stuff. When I quit, I was teatering on being banned.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Flex, i'm not trying to argue here. I was just letting you know that if you haven't read this thread, it is for etwman's pics. He has some great equipment going for him and we want to learn about it, what this site is for.

Can a mod delete posts #134, #136-139?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Where we get trucks.

Okay guys ...easy....everyone has something to contribute. I wouldn't go as far as saying "this is my thread for my pics." Anyone can voice their opinion and post as they see fit. If I can help with some advice and a couple of pics I will gladly do that. If people are going to bicker, and it results in closing this thread, than I'll excuse myself from lawnsite. I've got plenty of things to work on, trust me. I've been in the business long enough to hopefully figure out what works and what doesn't. I still learn everyday but if I can help a couple other guys along, that's great. There is plenty of work out there if it is done right and you use your head wisely.

Now where were we....Chris (lawncare3) to answer your questions about where we get the trucks. www.trucktrader.com is a huge place to start. Ebay is a little risky unless you can go and look at it up close. We've dealt....believe it or not with a gentleman down in Salisbury NC from Hammer Truck Sales. Nat is a great guy to work with. Both trucks we have bought from him based on just the pics. He stands behind his trucks 100%. I'd buy again from him tomorrow without even seeing pics of the trucks. $350 and it's delivered to my shop and ready for fabrication work. If he says its good...it's good. www.hammertrucks.com is your link. You may end up getting it with a box on it, that's a 20 minute removal deal with a good torch and a lift. Keep the box, you'll only save $500 for deleting it and having someone remove it. Good for storage if you have a place to go with it. Also once you get into the 4500-6500 series trucks or the Freighliners don't let mileage scare you too much. I wouldn't buy 300,000 mile trucks but 150,000 are just fine if they are diesel with a CAT or Cummins, etc.

Hope this helps some.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."