Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
It seems to load fine from my computer. The site is undergoing a significant overhaul and the new one should go live within the next six weeks. It will make this one seem quite antiquated. Our vision and target market, caliper/size of projects, and line of services has changed quite a bit in the last two years.

Project A is down to a "punch list" of minor things. We'll be wrapping that up in the next week.

Project B is pretty incredible. Pics don't do it justice. I don't know how many thousands of pieces of plant material ended up on site. There is a huge push this week there to finish the house so the new owner can move in next week. He's generously holding a catered contractor party this weekend for everyone who was involved in construction. We all plan on attending.

Project C is well underway as we are laying footers for wall block. The first of 10 tractor trailer loads of material arrived on site today.

I'll see if I can post some pics later of B.
I've looked at your website many times before and it always loaded.... not today though. So much for a NEW computer.

Can't wait for some views of these. Looks great.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some pics from B. Like I said pics don't do it justice.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

-Hey Jarod

Does this home happen to be a "LEED" or environmentally friendly certified home?

*And what is that walk behind unit beside the truck?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not totally sure on the enviornmentally friendly home but it wouldn't surprise me because everything done make complete sense from a logistical standpoint.

That machine is a walk behind preseeder. Great for tight spaces Made by ATI. Its 36" wide and does the same thing as the larger 60 or 72" machines do. Perfect for swails, awesome for those stupid streches between sidewalks and curbs, and small backyards that you destroy with patios that you can't get a big preseeder in.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

is a preseeder different than a power/harley rake or is that what you mean. I've used the walk behind harley rakes and they are awesome but don't like roots and larger stones very much

"Democracy is not a choice between good and bad, but between bad and worse."
Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

etwman,

Just spent all day reading this thread from start to finish. Just started my own residential property maintence business. Grounds maintenance and snow plowing. One day down the road i want to get into landscaping such as walkways, decks, fences, that sort of stuff. Seeing your business grow has totally been an inspiration for me to keep a level head and think long term before buying anything. I have a notepad with about 3 or 4 pages of notes from the 163 pages of this thread. Your work is GREAT and i can only envy your level of sucess with all the nice equipment and great business planning. I would love to be able to pick your brain for a day. Thanks for all the information and tips along the way of growing your business. Keep up the good quality work.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The scale of that large walkway is perfect.

The maintenance guys are going to hate you though. Oh well
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Jarod,

Been a long time since I checked out your thread. You guys are really pushing the design envelope in this part of the country.....work looks solid. I have a question for you on project "B". I designed a curved beam pergola very similar to the one in your project. Did you guys fabricate the curved beam yourself, or is that a prefabbed piece? Can you recommend someone to call for pricing or what it would entail to fabricate one ourselves?

Thanks,

Adam
Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

once again beautiful work man. i got a question like every one else i want 2 lay a patio for my mums i no how to do it. but i want to put it on a slab its already in my backyard is there anything i can lay on it that wouldn't crack in 2 years its a nice slab no cracks. wat can i use.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brothersyardcare View Post
wat can i use.
I'd give spell check a try...