Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-10-2009, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Amazing as always, I also see a few shots that were posted here on your new box. Whoever takes those pictures does a fantastic job at capturing everything.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Fleet looks great!!
the house looks SUPER!!! great job
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a couple updated ones on the current project we are on. The wall work, flatwork, brickwork, steps, and fencing are all our responsibility. The paver product is neat and we are planning on using it on another upcoming project. It still needs cleaned and sanded but you can get the preliminary images of what it looks like. We'll be pulling out of there in the next two weeks onto the next one.

The pipeline looks very strong for the fall for us as we've signed a couple other neat projects.

The new website is getting its final tweaking and should be live in the next three weeks. It looks really cool and will put our current one to shame, though many seem to like that one.

Headed to another equipment auction tomorrow to see about more equipment. It'll be interesting to see what things bring. All indications are not much.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

speaking of equipment, did you ever make a move on a machine? Or still long term renting the deere and komatsu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

-Hey Jarod

What are those steps made of? Almost looks like a composite material or is it concrete??
Old 09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The grey ones are real stone, flamed on two sides.

We still typically have 3-4 machines we rent. We will probably buy a wheeled shop machine that may go out in the field on occassion. Looking at a CAT 262B.

Why rent? The CT332 blew out a hydraulic wheel motor and send debris into the pumps. $11,500 to fix. We had a replacement machine the same day delivered. Not on my tab. Track machines are high maintenance and for what we rent them for it doesn't make sense to buy them.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What do you rent them for a month? It can't be that big of a secert.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
The grey ones are real stone, flamed on two sides.

We still typically have 3-4 machines we rent. We will probably buy a wheeled shop machine that may go out in the field on occassion. Looking at a CAT 262B.

Why rent? The CT332 blew out a hydraulic wheel motor and send debris into the pumps. $11,500 to fix. We had a replacement machine the same day delivered. Not on my tab. Track machines are high maintenance and for what we rent them for it doesn't make sense to buy them.
For a large operation like yours that could drop off at the drop of a hat, I totally understand why you rent..

I was just asking because I am curious how you handle large purchases/decisions like that.. Plus, I like shiny new equipment..

(not saying your work will or is stopping, apparently you got it stacked up! but anything is possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
For a large operation like yours that could drop off at the drop of a hat, I totally understand why you rent..

I was just asking because I am curious how you handle large purchases/decisions like that.. Plus, I like shiny new equipment..

(not saying your work will or is stopping, apparently you got it stacked up! but anything is possible)
oh boy are you going to get a lecture for that comment. dont upset the gods.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

hey Jarod, are you familiar with chestnut hill at all? hes out of PA...i just took the icpi cert and he was the instructor, he seems really educated and has a big operation by you.