Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-05-2009, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
You are about the 20th person that has told me that. I'm very curious to see how these out perform a fully dedicated track machine.
You will love them like neuswede said, early December tires will be on and it will be pushing snow.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris,

Once you get familiar with the set-up and it get good at it, how long does it take you to switch out the tires for tracks or vice versa. Guys are telling me about an hour.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Chris,

Once you get familiar with the set-up and it get good at it, how long does it take you to switch out the tires for tracks or vice versa. Guys are telling me about an hour.
Have another machine on handy to help put the tracks in position, thats one of the tips I know of..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Chris,

Well I haven't switched them out once they were put on, but it took me less than one hour to install them originally with a helper and our other machine. Dale has directions that helped a good bit cut the learning curve, do a search for it. I would imagine 45 minutes to an hour to go back to tires would be accurate.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Jarod,

Even though you just purchased a 262 as well as the VTS system, this might be worth looking at too:

http://www2.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/232408?h=405,3387

I know that the machine is not as clean as you would like, but for the opening bid of $8,000, it might be something to consider. Atleast you could have it as a "back-up."

The machine is sitting at the Caterpillar's (Gregory Poole) Fayetteville, NC repo yard.
If I remember correctly, you have bought trucks from NC so this wouldn't be too far out of your way.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Take Care!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It will be very interesting to see what that goes for, stuff is so soft right now. If I had to guess I'd say you might be able to get that machine for around $13k maybe? I don't need another one. It is incredibly tempting right now to be able to buy equipment at such great deals.

The silver bullet in all this is to be able to buy the equipment at these low prices right before this economy roars back. Who knows when that will be. After it comes back these deals will be gone for a long time.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pulling out Friday. Finishing the walkway tomorrow and punch list. Guys did a great job with this one. All that's left is are special pier caps which are on order. Onto the next one.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no plantings?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks great. Is that paver product CST Ridgestone?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very minor plantings, mostly sod and seeding. Most will go in next week. We were hired by a GC to do all the brickwork, walls, flatwork, and fencing.

No, its not CST Ridgestone.