Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Syzer -

1 hour with straps, tow motor, and an air gun. Piece of cake. Use nylon straps, loop them through the track and hang them from forks on a tow motor. This way you can move them into place alot easier. Put 4 or so lugs on the front hub, move it forward with the controller, then put the backs on.

I decided to take it out in the field to see exactly what everyone raves about with this Loegering System. After about 15 seconds of plowing into a pile of dirt I quickly figured it out. It just bites into anything and pushes the world. I was into some clay with rock. I'll guarantee you that you could very quickly get yourself in a predicament with this thing on a hill. It will climb and push anything, the commercials on the website don't lie. I would say hands down it is the best track machine set up I have ever run. Whatever Loegering did, they figured it out, and did it right. Granted ride comfort isn't what a fully dedicated CAT is, but it makes up for it in push and stability. With this setup you have the best of both worlds.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, glad to hear it all worked out. Very similar to how we installed them though I used our 1840 with forks pushed tight together in the middle of the track.

They are incredible aren't they? I just couldn't believe the machine was doing what it was doing with just the tracks on there. You can almost go straight up and feel comfortable with no thoughts of flipping =).
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Woah, the bucket actually sets flat on the ground, most machines I've seen with VTS dont..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
Congrats, glad to hear it all worked out. Very similar to how we installed them though I used our 1840 with forks pushed tight together in the middle of the track.

They are incredible aren't they? I just couldn't believe the machine was doing what it was doing with just the tracks on there. You can almost go straight up and feel comfortable with no thoughts of flipping =).
Its got something to do with the overalllweight and track footprint on these things. They weight about 1100 lbs a side so you're adding a ton to the machine. It is like night and day going from wheels to tracks on these things. The other thing with these VTS tracks is they are pretty much idiot free. After we put them on I'm looking around for "okay now what needs maintenance on these things." No grease fittings, sealed bearings, and one tension adjuster, that's it. Take a 1.5" wrench with you and that's all you need.

That bucket won't stay. Its only a 72" and doesn't work with the VTS system. I have a 84" tooth bucket coming very shortly.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

do you like it more then the 332?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I do, but I'll let my guys judge it when it heads to the field shortly.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Thought you bought that as a shop machine
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

He got sick of paying deere to rent theirs. He just didn't wana tell us that!

What are the reasons you like it more then the 332?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We still have Deere's on rent, and will long term. This will be a shop machine and will go to the sites on occassion.

The stability and climbing capability of the CAT/Loegering setup is superior to the Deere. In addition, I can see right away the the VTS will be alot easier to clean in the winter if we get mud in the sides.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
We still have Deere's on rent, and will long term. This will be a shop machine and will go to the sites on occassion.

The stability and climbing capability of the CAT/Loegering setup is superior to the Deere. In addition, I can see right away the the VTS will be alot easier to clean in the winter if we get mud in the sides.
I would say the cleaning is a big part. If you are working in 20/30's temps, the quick clean will really help keep the machine active and in good working order.

In terms of using it as a shop machine, what sort of tasks would it be used for? How many hours would you put on it a week?
Posted via Mobile Device