Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice set up! We have been looking into the Kage Innovations plows, Horst Snow Wing, and Degelman Speedwing. What made you decide on going with the Kage over the other options?

Also, does that edge trip?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well to be completely honest I didn't do a whole of searching around. I looked at the video, checked some forums, and did some figuring. By the time i bought a steel trip edge plow for the skidder, pusher, and light material bucket I was there. There I have three pieces instead of one. Add to that the thing has a two year warranty on it so I decided how can I really go wrong.

I looked at the sectionals, way too many moving parts, sorry. The last thing you want in a storm is tons of moving parts. Simpler the better.

Yes it has a steel trip edge.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Well to be completely honest I didn't do a whole of searching around. I looked at the video, checked some forums, and did some figuring. By the time i bought a steel trip edge plow for the skidder, pusher, and light material bucket I was there. There I have three pieces instead of one. Add to that the thing has a two year warranty on it so I decided how can I really go wrong.

I looked at the sectionals, way too many moving parts, sorry. The last thing you want in a storm is tons of moving parts. Simpler the better.

Yes it has a steel trip edge.
Yeah the sectional is nice, and the company is one of the largest in the world. Did you watch their 1 mile long equipment line up video?

We need to pick a few up, but 6k for the Kage is much more enticing than the 9-10k horst/degelmens. Then again, the 15' wide plow is also a pretty incredible feature, but as you said, now its getting back to complicated set ups. It doesn't get much more simple than the Kage.

Best of luck!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The beginnings of Project F. This project will be a neat post and beam house out in the country with additional structures on site. Alot of natural stone walls, plantings, fireplace, etc. It'll be a neat project when all is said and done. It'll be mid-next year by the time we are all complete.

Here is the first load of trees that came in today. We want to use larger plant material and this is the time of the year to get as much in the ground as possible.

I'll try and scan in the master plan for the property and post it sometime in the near future.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks like it will be an interesting project to follow!! what type of trees are those?
thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cleveland Select Pairs 4"-4.5" Cal. Tree pricing right now in volume is crazy low, never seen deals like this before. These came out of North Carolina.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cleveland Selects are my favorite tree. Great Shape, Great Foliage, Great Blooms.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you not worried about growing southern raised trees in a northern climate? Of course between where your at and where you got them in N.C. there might not be a big zone difference.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

on average, how long does it take to plan out a job of this caliber, from the initial meet with the customer until the final plan where the customer says go? Obviously, things may change over time as you start the project, but I was just wondering. Also, is the customer ok when you tell them, that it may be two or three months before it is started?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Jarod, do you remove a portion of the wire basket, all of it, or none at all?
MCLP #1535