Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

The pool contractor that does our pools does it this way, and they do about 200+ pools a year. I have had no issue with their installation of the plumbing to date. I do alot of their hardscape and they do all my pools when it's my job.

Etw, congrats on the success I will have to post some of our work. You do things first class, exacty how I was brought up.

As my Grandfather taught me " You do everything once, first class or you don't do it"

I am in the process of getting a hook truck and happend to find this thread while searching trucks. Going with a Kenworth or Freightliner.

Anyway again great thread.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Actually T250 and its been running great . From a different view, I wouldn't have been able to bill 130hrs of snow removal had I waited on another machine. The 250 has already paid back over 50% what I gave for it, after fuel/labor. I'd like to have a VTS but I was in a pinch to get a machine and couldn't find a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
No problems whatsoever with the VTS systems, and I've probed pretty deep to attempt to find them. One of the big plusses is its self cleans itself alot better, more caked in mud on the Deere equals decreased power and performance. The VTS will definitely outclimb a Deere setup. I'd be curious to put a VTS on a Deere but they really don't reccomend it b/c the wheel motors aren't meant for the setup.

Poor Todd just spit his coffee accross the room when he read this. He just bought a used T-200. Well...I guess time will tell.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Oh yeah.......I hate coffee. I guess when you're old you need those things to help get you going in the morning haha. Back to my cave now.....
Old 02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

man, the whole lunch thing is a really touchy subject for some of you guys! I will agree with the whole gas station thing in the morning, which is why (even if I am mowing lawns by myself) I'll try to plan gas station fill up stops around 10-1030, that way the gas stations usually are not that busy because you are past the morning rush and you haven't got the lunchtime rush yet. Also, I (or anyone thats with me that day) usually isn't hungry then so if anything we run in and grab a gatorade and thats it. Usually in and out pretty quick.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That slab is a complete waste. I'm beginning to think ICPI is a complete waste. I haven't sent my guys to and ICPI class in probably 4 years. They collect annual funds, teach the basics, and that's about it. My top guys can train any of my new hires just as well, if not better. Sorry, had a rant there.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's questioning some of ICPI's specs. Time to put the shield up.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
That slab is a complete waste. I'm beginning to think ICPI is a complete waste. I haven't sent my guys to and ICPI class in probably 4 years. They collect annual funds, teach the basics, and that's about it. My top guys can train any of my new hires just as well, if not better. Sorry, had a rant there.
Well from what I've be reading and told on here about hardscaping. Really coinsides with what I've learned through my schooling, at MATC. The only difference really is depending on the application should things change, through the few civil engineering classes I took.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New for 2010

There are some neat things transpiring in our company as we head into 2010. We're taking some more risks, but then again I always say you regret the risks you didn't take.

This Friday will be our long awaited 10 year celebration at our company. We have a neat day planned with some of our clients, staff, and vendors that will begin at noon and extend late into the evening.

After a long time in the process we are pleased to announce an addition to our full time staff. We have acquired one of the industries best Registered Landscape Architects with over 20 years experience in high end build. This will be a huge asset to our company as we move forward in streamlining our build projects. We are now the only design/build company in the county with an RLA in house. In addition, we have implemented one of our own into an operations manager position creating a total of two more administrative positions.

Several neat projects are in the drawing stage, one of which will take us out of state to the east on a new residential build. As project drawings are finalized and build begins I'll pick a couple projects to track progress of here.

Wishing everyone the best in 2010.

Looking for a book to read while waiting for the snow to melt. "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-02-2010, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Are you hiring? I can be there within the next 24 hours.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We will probably hire 4-6 crew members as our season cranks up here soon, all of our support staff and foreman are in place.

Oh and another great book, thanks to John Wingfield, Half Time by Bob Buford. And no its not about the Dallas Cowboys, thankfully.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many employees you up to Jarod? You guys still running three man crews? Congrats on the ten year!! Also congrats on the new additions, having an in-house CLA must be a huge advantage over competition!