Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking good Jarod!
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 05-09-2010, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I definitely need to take a picture like this sometime and put it on my website.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New logo coming very soon. One of the top possibilities.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it, it should look pretty sweet against your black trucks

Old 05-12-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ETW, you've probably mentioned this before, but whats your opinion on a roll off dump box and a standard dump truck? When your doing mulch installs and weeding will you just drop the can there and have the truck go do something else?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Each foreman has their own truck and their own crew. Our foreman will talk amongst each other and share all the bodies we have. Sometimes we'll leave an extra can on the jobsite for scrap, mulch, etc. They don't typically drop a can and leave a crew somewhere for the day because all the tools are on a truck.

We're in the process of fabricating another cool body. We talked about it today and continue to brainstorm on ideas. We know what we want, its just making it all jive just right. We hope it will debut in the next month or so.

Still there is no comparison to a fleet of trucks with detachable body systems versus a stationary dump truck. To us its like black and white.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to get back on the snow topic.

You ever feel "left" out since you have some trucks sitting on the sidelines for the winter months?

I know you said plowing isn't that big of a operation for you.

Another question: Before you bought your first roll off, did you consider a municpal spec'ed truck?

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Our freightliners will sit before I would ever consider putting a plow on them. We only get two months of snow, it doesn't justify pushing snow with them.

I didn't consider municipal trucks. I knew what the route I wanted to go and fabricated them to exactly what would benefit us the most.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I have followed this thread pretty closely since joining this site with only chiming in once or twice, but i have to put in my 2 cents here. I know my opinion doesn't matter, but I like the current logo better. I feel it better fits what you do and what your about.....I wouldn't change it. The little touch of green for earth and turf...brown obviously for wood....and the circular axis symbol connecting them. To me that in a nut shell easily explains what you do and you connect the three so well. I wouldn't change it.....but my vote doesn't count...but best of luck with whatever new logo you choose to go with.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard this from several people and thank you for your input. However rule of thumb in most industries is a logo change about once every 10 years to redefine the company. I do believe we are due, and with some introductions of some significant changes in the company within the last year, I feel this is probably the right time. I have not puller the lever yet but am getting pretty close to doing something.