Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its been a little while and the business has kept me from updating a few pics. Here's a recent project that was finished down the mainline. Kitchen was prepped in for a later phase. We have another neat project coming up with travertine, pavillion, pool, etc. that I'll post some pics of later this fall.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The fireplace looks GREAT!

The 2nd pic (the one below the fireplace job), well, ummm, I'm not too thrilled with the stonework. The stone is small, which makes it really really busy. And I see some huge mortar gaps.

The the 3rd pic (same job as the 2nd) the stone looks better and the joints are more consistant. I'm wonderin if the section in the 2nd pic was done with a low supply of stone and maybe a different stone dude......

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i like the stone on the fire place but that wall looks kinda acward no afence i love your work and hope i can do it one day
Old 09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Real nice.all looks really good.great work.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
The fireplace looks GREAT!

The 2nd pic (the one below the fireplace job), well, ummm, I'm not too thrilled with the stonework. The stone is small, which makes it really really busy. And I see some huge mortar gaps.

The the 3rd pic (same job as the 2nd) the stone looks better and the joints are more consistant. I'm wonderin if the section in the 2nd pic was done with a low supply of stone and maybe a different stone dude......

Its all the same job.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are those JD's yours or rentals? Job looks amazing, really admire all the natural stonework you do.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would guess this is boxed stone, not a pallet. In which case, good quality and very minimal trash. The size is consistent with that particular field stone and if you go larger it's likely going to be dimensional to some extent vs irregular.....customer taste usually makes that determination. The joints look good to me. There's a couple that are big but it's completely within what is acceptable without settling for "good enough". Remember, rounded stone isn't so rounded if you start hammering on it. Additionally, field stone is already dirty/stained and any hammering you do stands out like a sore thumb.........not only with color but texture. A little acid would be good and may have been since the picture was taken. Also, look at the setting........big pines/spruce, fireplace, boulders......it's already got a wilderness look too it. Hence the reason you don't see polished granite counter tops on the walls.

Just my perspective.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Stone looks great. I just finished a similar wall with what looks like the same stone as you used. A few gaps here and there add character and the clients taste and your surroundings all play a role in this type of work.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brothersyardcare View Post
i like the stone on the fire place but that wall looks kinda acward no afence i love your work and hope i can do it one day
wall looks kinda acward no afence Yall, If your work is as good as your spelling we might just stick with ETW.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUTURFGEEK View Post

wall looks kinda acward no afence Yall, If your work is as good as your spelling we might just stick with ETW.
my spelling sucks idk why my spell check didn't pic it up and i like the wall and all just to me the stone should be bigger but i do agree with the early stated comment