Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-19-2010, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Member

First time I have seen this thread. Just looked at all 208 pages. BLOWN AWAY. Wish I could afford to have you do work on my house. Keep up the great work. Enjoy reading the knowledge you share as well.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

your business is an inspiration to me and i'm pretty close to you im right outside of philly by the west chester area. what size are your brentwood wheelbarrows, i have a 10 cu one and its way to big i want to get two single wheeled ones i was wondering if you had the 6 cu or the 8 cu single wheel? Thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hows things going etw?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Member

ETW:
I have a couple of quick ?'s for you. On your concrete block (CMU's) with the facestone, do you put a scratch coat of mortar on the wall before applying your stone. Do you use regular old type N mortar for attaching your stone? I have very little experience in hardscaping and this information is just for a patio project on my own property. Thanks for all your postings and information on here. Happy & prosperous 2011!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been a big fan for a number of years. I'm wanting to completely re-do my website and wondered if you had any advice for hiring a web-design/seo company. Also, your pictures are always incredible. What camera do you use?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

few updates

I haven't posted much since we are still quite busy, despite the cold temps. Still running hard in the field with hardscape construction as we have a nice winter backlog. Concrete blankets have become our friends. We are also constructing two nice displays in the area which should benefit us tremendously in the future.

Answers to questions: Here's my opinion on websites and photography. It is mine, so I'm sure there will be conflicting opinions out there. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Website design, you get what you pay for. Buy a $50 site, get a $50 site. Myself and some of my peers in the industry will budget $5k-$8k for a website overhaul at least once every two years. Samething with professional photography. Get what you pay for. I have a pretty nice Canon SLR, and we budget a decent amount for professional photography a year. SEO, if you're good and know what your doing, you can optimize it yourself. If not you'll pay a little a month to really get it where you need too. Spending a grand a month isn't worth it in my opinion.

I will post some pics of what we are doing later.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Couple shots of an indoor display we are building. Telescoping 30k lbs of material onto the second floor. 16 different varities of pavers, outdoor kitchen, fireplace, pergola, deck, etc. High res pics on the walls. It'll be like nothing else out there. More pics to come as it evolves.

Something to do for the winter?

The Book: Becoming a Category of One by Joe Calloway
The Conference: GROW 2011 with Marty Grunder and others in Dayton Ohio.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-03-2011, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Just ordered that book, I read your whole thread a couple of times, I live pretty close to you I live right outside of philly. If you ever had time in your busy schedule I'd love to just sit down and talk to you I am a young guy only 19 have two trucks on the road one lawn maintenance crew and one landscaping crew. I strive to one day do some of the jobs you complete on a daily basis.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Banned

I wish I could afford to go to Grow 2011. Marty Grunder lives down the street from me.... I know some of his family because of him living in town and such. Is Mr. Powell going to be a part of it as well (Tom's Mulch)?

I am in Dayton as well. Like the kid above, I am only 18 and aspire to be somewhat like you. I run a two truck crew as well....

Haha you want to do something fun while your in town? Go down to Fox Hollow Rodeo. It isn't far at all. I'd like to meet you... Loved the thread... Great design skills. You are more than welcome to come out and visit us while you are in Dayton.

Are you participating in the seminar as a guest speaker? Or are you there for the insight like the rest of us?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Banned

Oh... and why are the outdoor guys working indoors?! please explain a lil more about that project.... cause man that looks complicated and expensive.