Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I appreciate your kind words, but I have enough to worry about up here in PA, and there's plenty of room to grow up here. Although I could do without the 14 degree temps tonight.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Shoot, the hotel doesnt have a shuttle?

Well I guess I'll be catching a cab or renting a car then.

Jarod, I'll be coming in Wednesday as well if that opportunity presents itself. The rest of the team will be flying in on Thursday and landing around 12:45pm.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. etwman I have followed your thread for awhile now and I must say not only is your work great but it gives me alot of idease for projects that I have.

I can see where you were comming from saying how several people will put $1000 into their truck but not into a class or something useful for their business, This GROW conference that you talk about sounds very interesting I would love to go and would have no problem putting that money out but I will either be back in class or down at MAHTS. My question for you is since were both in PA did you take any landscape or horticulture classes at any colleges in the state such as Penn State? Also I have heave heard different answers to this question by several different people, If you do mix native and non-native plants together in a landscape do they survive together? With my experience they do but I have had a few certified horticulturalists say they do not and I was wondering if you could shed some light on this topic.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Grow

Could someone please share a link about this GROW conference. It sounds very interesting but I can't seem to find it on Google. Thanks. BTW, etwman, any more pictures?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.martygrundermotivationals....com/grow2011/
Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 PM

Thank you very much!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

ETW, ive been following your thread for some time and it seems you are a front runner in our industry with great ideas to better manage a business. After hearing about GROW 2011 in your thread, I registered for it including the vip registration. I had a couple questions about GROW and thought you and others who have previously attended could best answer my questions.

What do you recommend bringing along to the conference besides a pen and paper? Is the conference formatted as a one way lecture, or will there be multiple opportunities for dialogue between the attendees and the speaker? Is there much interaction/idea sharing between attendees? Any other advice or suggestions that will help get the most out of the conference as a whole?

Thanks for the help, hopefully Ill get to meet you and some of the other guys from here that always seem to be on the ball!

Shawn
Old 01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd bring a couple pads of paper and some pens. If its easier to take notes on a laptop, that may work fine too.

I'm pretty sure there will be some panel discussions for Q & A, but most will be lecture by Marty and other speakers.

I know the evenings will be a prime time to interact with other peers from the industry. I know there's a resturant in the Marriott, as well as I'm sure there are others in the area.

I'd be happy to chat with you some. I'm committed that Wed and Thursday night, but hope to meet some other peers from this site on Friday night.

Hope this helped some.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

See "ya'll" on Thursday. I was surprised no shuttle to the hotel but they told me a cab is $34 vs about $80-$100 for a rental........unless you want a cute Toyota Yaris. My brother will be joining me too. Looking forward to it!

Voice recorder would be a good idea to bring.......I assume they don't mind.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thing is going to be cool, looking forward to it. For a while I thought it would be neat to have a conference where respectable peers could meet to grow their businesses. The list continues to build of people I know are attending. Some of whom I've never met and will for the first time in Dayton. I'm sure there will be some great hang out sessions in the evenings.