Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
'Becoming a Category of One' by Joe Calloway.....check Amazon.com
Ordered the book today from Amazon. I have been following ETW's and tthomass treads for some time now and if they say it's a good book i had to get it. Thanks
2-TORO Z MASTER'S 25/62 JOHN DEERE 757 -25/60
LESCO Z2 25/60 TORO Z MASTER 19/52 SCAG WB/48
82 CHEVY 4X4 - MEYER'S PLOW- BILLYGOAT LOADER
83 F600- 9INCH DIESEL BRUSH BANDIT CHIPPER
8X24 SHADO MASTER V NOSE ENCLOSED
trailers -6.5X14 - 6.5X16 - 18 FT EQUIPEMET
Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ETW

Everything looks great and your information has been a big help to my company and I. Thanks for keeping this thread going. I was wondering if you could recommend a good design software? we have always drawn them out on paper in the past but it seems like this is a thing of the past. Can you give me some input on this?

thanks

Dodge 3500 Laramie
Dodge 2500
chevy 2500HD
GMC 2500HD DMAX!!
Chevy 1 ton Dump
Scag Tiger Cub
Scag Tiger Cat
Scag Wildcat
Atlas 7x18 enclosed trailer
6x14 landscape trailer
Atlas 7x14 dump trailer
PJ 20ft equipment trailer
Bobcat 331 Excavator
Bobcat t190
John Deere Equipment
all Stihl products

LOOKING FOR A NEWER CLEAN MID SIZE DUMP TRUCK (duramax is what i would prefer)

C & H LAWN/Landscaping Inc.
"An Investment that just keeps growing"
Old 01-29-2011, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Book recommendations

Just finished Becoming a Category of One and it was great, any other books you would recommend?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just got ordered the book today. It may have already been talked about, but how often do they do GROW? Is it an annual event? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dynascapes will be a good design software to get you started. It has a color module and will have a 3D module soon. There are more advanced ones out there for $15k, but bang for the buck Dynascapes will work.

GROW is an annual conference, held every year in Feb.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Jarod, just saw the article in Lawn & Landscape looks good, those writeups are always fun. It seemed like there was a screw up in the editing dept. though...or am I totally overlooking the end of the article?
Old 01-30-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Truth be told Tony, I haven't even seen it yet, so you are one step ahead here. They contacted me, I went through the interview, and sent some pics in. Beyond that I didn't know which issue it was in or even what it was going to say. This is one of five magazines we're in this spring, some are short, others are 9 pages. Not all our targeting our company specifially, some are discussing outdoor living, etc.

Which month did it end up in?
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Hey Jarod, just saw the article in Lawn & Landscape looks good, those writeups are always fun. It seemed like there was a screw up in the editing dept. though...or am I totally overlooking the end of the article?
Ya, I cant find the end anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Truth be told Tony, I haven't even seen it yet, so you are one step ahead here. They contacted me, I went through the interview, and sent some pics in. Beyond that I didn't know which issue it was in or even what it was going to say. This is one of five magazines we're in this spring, some are short, others are 9 pages. Not all our targeting our company specifially, some are discussing outdoor living, etc.

Which month did it end up in?

Congrats on the articles Jarod. Its in the January 2011 issue pg 40.

http://lawnandlandscape.texterity.co...pe/201101#pg56
Old 01-30-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny....i'd finish the article for you if I could remember what in the world I said.

Thanks for the link.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"....you can position yourself well with not begin overlevereaged at multiple lending institutions." Or something of that nature.