Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Neat stuff! What that crane run ya?

I had a job like this 3 yrs ago at a hospital court yard. We did the same thing. I think I was charged $125.00 / hour. Block, fill, saws, tampers.

Maybe thats the next "toy"!!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really cool project Jarod. What did you have the crane operator lift you up to take that last picture? lol

ICPI Certified Installer / NCMA SRW Installer
Rutgers University - Landscape Design
Brookdale Community College - Horticulture
Process of getting Irrigation License

2003 Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1996 Ford F-Super Duty Mason Dump 4x4 Diesel
A lot of fun tools to get the job done RIGHT!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, exactly what I tell the employees not to do. Do as I say, not as I do.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did you guys buy the zahn? Your guys won't want to go back to the dingo now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No we barrowed it from another company because our dingo was on another site. I haven't even talked to the guys to see how they like it, but its gone now.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On another note 'ol dear John from Eagle Landscape has put a bug in my ear that he's returning to Dayton Ohio for a great one day marketing and sales symposium put on by Marty Grunder. James Gilliland is hitching a ride with me and there'll be some others there as well. Another great opportunity to grow your business through sales techniques.

This one is a little different in the fact that it'll be more intimate with only 30 people. I'm coming in Thursday late afternoon on Thursday the 24th, with the symposium all day Friday. Its open to landscape contractors only and will fine tune your sales process. Anxious to see what Marty has to say as i've never been dissappointed. If its half as good as GROW a month ago, it'll be worth every cent.

If you want to fine tune your process this would be a great Friday to make it happen, plus another good networking experience!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres a good quote quote from Marty on the symposium:

"Listen; let me get right to the point. If there's a better person at teaching sales to Green Industry Sales Professionals, tell me who that is. I will put my personal record and the past successes of the firms I have worked with up against anyone else's. If you attend, you'll earn your investment in the symposium back in the first 2 weeks you sell when you get back. Trust me; my stuff works!"

He's not joking on this. And for all of you that whined and kicked yourself in the but for not going to GROW, here's your chance to redeem yourself and not have to kick yourself in the other cheek.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup, myself and our Director of Business Development will be there. Thoroughly excited to be apart of another great conference put on by Marty.

Great pictures there. Looking forward to the warm weather in Dayton, maybe we can go for a jog in the morning (if we figure out which hotel we are supposed to be in).
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleLandscape View Post
Yup, myself and our Director of Business Development will be there.
boy thats a fancy title, lol
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

John's a fancy guy. For a nominal fee he could probably come up with one for you.