Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll asure you John's company is big enough. I know this first hand. His Director of Business Develoment doesn't run a weedwacker.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."

Last edited by etwman; 03-12-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
You know here's the interesting thing with our GROW division and I continue to learn everyday. 5 years ago I sat down with collegues that said to me, "you are too narrow minded with high end design/build. The market won't substantiate it. You're limiting yourself too much."

If I'm wrong with this GROW division in 5 years. I'll put $100 bill in your hand. Let's leave it at that.
Im not doubting you im sure youll be extremely succussful with this division. Im just saying to this ke-llc guy who seems so just be running his mouth.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
You know here's the interesting thing with our GROW division and I continue to learn everyday. 5 years ago I sat down with collegues that said to me, "you are too narrow minded with high end design/build. The market won't substantiate it. You're limiting yourself too much."

If I'm wrong with this GROW division in 5 years. I'll put $100 bill in your hand. Let's leave it at that.
Jarod, we're excited about your new division GROW. I think it's going to be a great thing. Just one more way that ETW separates itself from the competition and keeps you as a Category of One company. Keep up the great work!
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Really cool interview with Seth Godin, owner of Chick-Filet.

http://vimeo.com/20290657

I love this quote from his clip:

"Leadership is about finding the right people, agreeing on where you want to go, and getting out of the way. Along the way embracing the failure of your people as it leads to growth. It means not knowing whatís going to happen tomorrow, just knowing itís going to take you where you want to go."

Enjoy.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

"Leadership is about finding the right people, agreeing on where you want to go, and getting out of the way. Along the way embracing the failure of your people as it leads to growth. It means not knowing whatís going to happen tomorrow, just knowing itís going to take you where you want to go."

Enjoy.
Thanks for sharing, awesome way to start the work day! It was great hearing what he had to say!

You might want to check out a book I just started reading last night and didn't want to put down "Selling Sunshine:75 Tips, Tools, and Tactics for Becoming a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur" by Tony Hartl

He started Planet Tan in 1995 and sold it 13 years later to retire at 41.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

can anyone tell me what page his current setup is on
Stihl handhelds
texas bragg trailers.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Page 169 is probably the most recent. We have added some things since then but nothing major.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks etw
Stihl handhelds
texas bragg trailers.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Enjoy.
i just spent the last hr watching videos of seth online and this guy is pretty darn good.i like this one "Seth Godin: Sliced bread and other marketing delights" ,it was on youtube with alot of other great videos of him.Thanks Jarod!!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

He is good. I'd like to try and go to a conference this year where he's speaking and hear him firsthand. I know of one last year he was at, but missed it.