Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay hereís a potluck of spring 2011 pictures, we are incredibly busy. Iím out of trucks, out of seats, and holding on for a wild ride this year. Iíll post four different projects right in a row here.

First project, outdoor kitchen, patio, pool house. Techo-Bloc product. Once again outdoor kitchens are extremely time consuming to do right. Grill, burner, fridge, pull out trash, cabinetry, utilities, etc. Make sure you estimate your time correctly or you will lose your shirt.

Second, really neat post and beam house. Front walk, back patio, pond/falls under construction behind back patio. Future post and beam pergola will go up soon. Neat landscape to go in and lighting.

Third project. We returned to a pool project we did last year to finish out the outdoor kitchen and fireplace. It is not uncommon for us to bury footers for each, return later to lift pavers, and go up with the second or third phase.

Fourth project, work continues at the historical property down by the river. Weíve been there for about a year now and will continue for the next few months. Really neat restoration project. House is over 200 years old.

Looking for some good insight this spring? Marty Grunder is having another good webinar on Sales and Marketing Strategies on April 28th, thatís next Thursday from 4 to 5:15. Great info as always from Marty and you can go to his website to register. On another cool note, and the date will be determined soon. John Wingfield (Eagle Landscape), Todd Thomasson (Rock Water Farms), Marty and I will be doing a free webinar on a cool topic. This will be one you wonít want to miss. Iíll get details to you as they evolve.

Have a great spring everyone!
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's the rest of the 2nd project and the two of the 3rd project.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few of the historical property we've been working at, and yes that is an all glass kitchen that will overlook the river.....pretty cool. We're pretty much responsible for everything outside.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Thanks again for the info the other day. Putting the numbers together and will be bidding the job Monday. Whenever the kitchen on the historical house is done post some pics. We have a seismic code here that almost prevents any all glass walls like that, it should look pretty amazing. Glad to see your busy, and thanks again.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I must say I cannot get enough of looking at this thread. Your projects are incredible, being a landscape architecture student I think its great with what you do with all these properties. Definitly not the cookie cutter backyard by and means. I cant wait to see what the historic house turns out to look like, I'm very intrigued and what the end product will look like.
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I see you use Stabila levels (outdoor kitchen photo), they are the best around. A bit pricey but dead on. Sola levels are another great choice if you can get them in your area.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice work
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The historical house looks great - it is really neat when the landscaper knows how to incorporate todays landscape with yesterdays looks.

As always - great pictures and neat designs!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Is your Cat a 252, if so how does it do moving pallets of block? Sold my Bobcat T200 and looking at doing what you did. The cost of a wheeled skid and getting the VTS seem to be a much better option than a new track machine. My friend just bought a new 333D Deere, its nice, but the price tag is just way too much.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome projects, as always. Can't wait to see the landscape around the post n beam home... really love that look.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite