Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Our select marketing is key to our growth. Our mugs are a minor part of that. Our advertising is very, very limited, less that 1% of our sales. I would say our adverstising may be a poster board advertisement at the parade of homes project we did this spring.....that kind of stuff.

Last week I spent two days in strategic planning meetings about where this company is going over the next 5 years. There are some neat things that are going to be implemented. If done correctly, which I think they will be, the company will double in the next five years. There are several other manufacturers of products out there that we would like to use which I believe will be a key player in some of this growth. They are eager to be a part of this journey.

On a different note three times in the past four weeks we have been approached by brokers to consider purchasing other landscape companies in the area. A sign of economic times and poor business decisions. While none appeal to us, I would urge you all to make wise decisions. I admire greatly, and live by, Dave Ramsey's theories on money management. If you can't buy it by writing a check, you don't buy it. If you are looking for some good listening you can download his pod casts from his website under his radio show or listen on XM talk radio every day from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Much of his personal advise also applies towards business.

AMEN to Dave Ramsey I have been reading through this thread for 3 days now and still not finished. I have kept hushed till now but. I must say I listen to Dave daily and way I am trying grow my business is debt free. Just want to say you have a amazing company and your amazing godly man too what you did down here on the coast for those families truly honestly brought tears to my eyes. I will probably hear flack for saying that but it's truth. I can take you place that looks like Katrina still went through yesterday. Some areas may rebuild most won't for generations everyone is scared and has good reason to be. Guy down street is a home builder he said his business dropped a good bit 2 years after clean up of Katrina. It's all cleaned up in most areas but most can't or won't rebuild. I know one guy talk to had his insurance agent call him balling said hate tell you this but all 8 of your rental properties don't have flood insurance. Guy lost over 2million in real estate over night. He used every bit saving just rebuild his own home. I truly admire you and my hat is off to you and the quality of individual you are. Love reading this thread watching you grow and keep up great work.
2 21" 2cyl toro push
echo trimmers
echo back pack blower
Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I just purchased The Pumpkin Plan, Becoming a Category of One, and Indispensable..waiting for them to be shipped. What am in for with these reads?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

All sound to be great reads let us know how they are Eischeid. I think I am going buy the becoming category of one Wow good ol Big Omaha haha just moved from there in December to the coast. Heard from my folks you all got slammed with snow this winter hope you made good profit on all the winter madness. First winter away and I do miss pushing the white stuff but at least down here don't need depend on it can work year around. Wish you and everyone best of luck this year.
2 21" 2cyl toro push
echo trimmers
echo back pack blower
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah my dad runs a salt and sand distributing business. I've been working down there. And winter stayed around until may this year. Had a snow on the second and it was all melted the third. Go figure. But I'm really excited to get these books. I'm guessing there isn't that many 18 year olds buying those books.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-30-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Well...It took me four nights but I read the whole thread from start to finish. Very inspiring to see where you started and how far you have came. I hope to get there one day.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2013 project

Another cool example of our teams work.......I've always been a fan of post and beam construction.

This features the new state of the art kitchen we've been working on for 2 years with a high end cabinet company. All Stainless and teak, smart technology that allows you to lock/unlock everthing from a key card or app on the phone. This whole kitchen setup changes everything.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Amazing Work!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Gorgeous work as always BLOWS my mind your guys do all the wood work and roofs and buildings as well and that you don't sub out a thing. When you had visions and hired did you look for people with building experience and carpentry skills to add as team members or how you go about finding so skilled team members for your crews?
2 21" 2cyl toro push
echo trimmers
echo back pack blower
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to a great video that has helped our company excel to where it is today. Once again, you can't manage what you don't track and estimate well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDz2IeJJsOU
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Man do you guys live in the high end of town!!!!! Nice work. I mean really nice work... I would love to afford to live like that. Imagine waking up to that back yard every day.