Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-04-2013, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

600 Detergent, its a concrete masonry cleaner.

Winter Reading: Be The Best At What Matters Most by Joe Calloway.

Very good book, easy reading. Couple great quotes, I love when he talks about business and company's that make no money. Making things look nice and making people feel wonderful is all good and well but at the end of the day someone has to pay for something. If you're not making money you don't have a business, you have a hobby.

Pick it up and read it, if you claim you're too busy get it on audible or itunes and listen to it while you plow or mow.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Always like a good book, will order it later today
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-13-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Like him or not Nick Saban is a great coach. At our most recent staff meeting I showed this clip of him talking about perfection. We spent several hours discussion this, how the team works, and the similarities to ETW. An incredible thing to do with your staff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxdqOdVSHE

My favorite quotes:

"We can’t go to the line on offense and stand there till the shot clock runs out, try and figure out what the defense is going to do so we can call a play."

"Ignore the scoreboard, don’t worry about winning, and just focus on doing your job at the highest possible level…. every single play….. and the wins will follow."

Powerful Stuff!
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm convinced that man is a robot. But those points are great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

subscribed
Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
600 Detergent, its a concrete masonry cleaner.

Winter Reading: Be The Best At What Matters Most by Joe Calloway.

Very good book, easy reading. Couple great quotes, I love when he talks about business and company's that make no money. Making things look nice and making people feel wonderful is all good and well but at the end of the day someone has to pay for something. If you're not making money you don't have a business, you have a hobby.

Pick it up and read it, if you claim you're too busy get it on audible or itunes and listen to it while you plow or mow.
Thanks for the book recommendation…I'll be picking it up next time I'm in the bookstore.

By the way, this is a great thread you got going here.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 12-29-2013, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Couple quick shots of various projects going on. Setting the ground work for a boulder wall which will stage the pool, fireplace, outdoor kitchen, pergola, and landscape to be installed shortly.

Second project is a natural stone we brought in from China, pretty neat. We are getting into more and more natural stone work and mortored walls, though we still have some paver patios sold. We are installing all the landscape over the next two weeks.

Third project is a pool project featuring natural stone steps, spa, landscape and lighting.

Busy spring.

do you guys dig a 4' deep footing for those walls or are they mainly built on a concrete slab???
im talking about the natural stonework and mortared walls

Last edited by gumbylawncare; 12-29-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

mid winter tip

Here's the mid winter tip that I learned from another peer. Multiple monitors, if you don't have them get them for your work station. Everyone here in our offices has at least two of them on their desk. I have 4 on mine. Productivity skyrockets with more than one monitor. Make sure you computer is capable of handling multiple monitors before buying it. Most can do two, but you may need special video cards to do more than that.

How it works? It's one computer or tower. You can slide documents from one to another with just your mouse. Have an excel spreadsheet open on one, email on another, and a word doc you are making on the 3rd and so forth.

When I have to go somewhere with one monitor it just about freaks me out, I can hardly work. I'd never go back to one monitor.

Stay warm!
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nice - we just went to two monitor set-ups and there awesome. I usually have a job open, quickbooks, and or word/excel and I can see what I am doing - suddenly the ipad and labtop seem slow and old! I did not upgrade my machines though due to cost and my computer at this time can handle two monitors. Clean office by the way!!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I upgraded to 2 monitors 2 years ago, best decision ever!
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds