Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

CTL 289D's are less. But not by a huge amount.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Great!

Congratulations on your new family members!

Vertical path machines much better suited to what we all do as well.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Subscribed. Excellent operation! Lots of good advice. Read it start to now once, going to start again. I'm from Lancaster so I see your trucks often. Hard to stay in my lane on 222 while staring at them! Next time you have a Lawnsite open house, count me in!

Tyler
21 Years Old
Do what you love, and you never work a day in your life!

2005 Chevy 1500 silverado 2wd•
2004 Chevy 3500 4x4 aluminum dump, snowdogg EX90 9' stainless plow•1993 John Deere 425 custom•
8’-20’ Enclosed trailer•5’-10’ trailer•Brush Bandit 65 Chipper•Toro titan ZRT• Stihl Equipment• Nissan N080-2 Mini excavator
Lots of tools,equipment, and safety gear
Picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=420600
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you look at any of Kubota's new SVL loaders? They've been catching my eye, but what sold you on Cat over Deere, Bobcat, Takauichi etc....
Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer where we bought our kubota mini isn't authorized to sell SVL loaders. Why I don't know, they are a huge dealer.

In buying any piece of equipment it's only as good as the dealer who backs it. I just won't buy a piece of construction equipment from a dealer who has "one skid loader in stock". CAT has one of the only track skid loaders that can be both used for snow removal and construction without changing tracks. Secondly, while CAT is known to be more expensive they can be very aggressive on multiple unit purchasing. Thirdly, and others on this site have discussed this, their parts and service departments are second to none. When you need a part it's there tomorrow. Finally the dealership is within 8 miles of our shop.

That and a few others led me to this decision. Kubota is solid but I think is a better fit for minis.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 03-09-2014, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

wow!!! nice setup any tips?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
The dealer where we bought our kubota mini isn't authorized to sell SVL loaders. Why I don't know, they are a huge dealer.

In buying any piece of equipment it's only as good as the dealer who backs it. I just won't buy a piece of construction equipment from a dealer who has "one skid loader in stock". CAT has one of the only track skid loaders that can be both used for snow removal and construction without changing tracks. Secondly, while CAT is known to be more expensive they can be very aggressive on multiple unit purchasing. Thirdly, and others on this site have discussed this, their parts and service departments are second to none. When you need a part it's there tomorrow. Finally the dealership is within 8 miles of our shop.

That and a few others led me to this decision. Kubota is solid but I think is a better fit for minis.
Thanks! Love the machines. Our closest Kubota dealer is the same way. Asked them, they are geared more towards acreage owners where as the one 30 minutes down the road has 20 svl's and 10 mini-ex's at all times. I believe Kubota makes them really put up a big investment to be able to carry the SVL's. Of course that would prevent what you mentioned... "A dealer that sells 1-2 loaders a year.

Will y'all be getting close to starting on install projects soon or still under tons of snow?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I certainly hope so. We still have projects we haven't finished from last fall. I'm hoping we are in the field in the next two weeks. We need to be. We have a decent amount sold.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How does this late start affect your estimated billable man-hours for the year? What if December of this year is as bad as last and you end up with a 8.25-8.5 month season. How do you deal with that? Raise your prices? Hire more guys?

Just thinking.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We had some down time in January. I have to say there are times I am jealous of y'alls time off from landscaping but today I am certainly glad we are only down 1-1.5 months a year.