Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess some people could say the same thing about a good plastic surgery job on Roseanne Barr however there's going to be a lot of people that may think otherwise lol!
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
My dad wanted it to pull his camper so I sold it to my parents. It stayed in the family. I just replaced it with another Duramax

Got any pics of your new Duramax? Cant wait to see the new dodge!! A SNG should be perfect on it!! Now it would use different bodies than the Freighliners right?/?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I need one truck in the fleet that is four wheel drive. I could go to a terrastar but I've heard mixed bags on their truck. I could convert a lo pro M2 but that would be big bucks and I'd want a shorty. We would use this truck for plowing.

It's hard to fathom that these rams are $60k. I could put a Freightliner on the road for less than that. Our FL-70's are 13,14 and 15 years old and run strong. One of the best investments we've made. In that time frame I've had a 98 Dodge and the 550. Putting less miles on those and they're basically throw away trucks. Bigger is better for sure.
International built the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 so that is something to keep in mind if you are looking at their trucks. Although I'm pretty sure the the problems they had were from trying to meet new emission standards too quickly. They've had time to correct those issues now though
Old 05-16-2014, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys still do maintenance? like cutting grass and all of that? or are you just hardscape?

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 05-17-2014, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We do 80% design/build (Hardscapes, softscapes, lighting, structures, etc) and about 20% maintenance. No mowing, fertilizing, etc.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

How's the Dodge coming?
Old 05-21-2014, 01:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ETW, I may have missed this but how did your mini conference go with the seven companies? Is it something that you are considering doing again this winter? This is one half day I hate that I missed...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2014, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I felt it went well, I think others that came would say the same thing. I would consider doing another one next winter. I think there are others that wanted to come but couldn't make it work.

Option #2 would be to do it in mid-October when we would have a better chance in having a project or two opened up to go and see if people wanted to do that. I could go either way.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think it would be a heck of an idea to have a seminar when you guys have decent weather. Would love to see how you guys take it from the drawing board to the actual jobsite! I would have to fly in so not worrying about snow would be great lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-22-2014, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I felt it went well, I think others that came would say the same thing. I would consider doing another one next winter. I think there are others that wanted to come but couldn't make it work.

Option #2 would be to do it in mid-October when we would have a better chance in having a project or two opened up to go and see if people wanted to do that. I could go either way.
I'd love to attend if you do another seminar.

How far east do you usually work? Do you ever travel to the philadelphia area?