Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Spring project 1

Back on page 48 there was a landscape plan that was posted. Below are several pics of this project. We are currently at three full tractor trailer loads of pavers and block on it and should be completing the hardscape phase tomorrow. Granite countertops will be installed in the kitchen area shortly. Hot tub will be installed next week along with 192 pieces of plant material that we'll be bringing in. Finally a pergola will go up. I believe there are about 35 landscape lights in it all together. Overall it was a fun project.

We have several others of this caliper waiting in the wings, but such is spring.

I will post the finals sometime next week once everything is planted, sod is in, and we're fully done.

Oh, and for those of you that are curious, there was a tremendous amount of cut work in this project. My foreman, who is superb, said one day both cutoff saws ran non-stop all day burning 3 gallons of mix. Do you know how much cutting you need to do in a day to burn three gallons of mix? Every cut on this job was done with a cutoff saw, no table saws were ever used.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."

Last edited by etwman; 04-24-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohh, and I know there will be questions about the triangle piece in the wall (that'll become a planter) so I'll avoid 30 PM's and post a close up pic.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 04-24-2007, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks amazing like usual Jarod. Keep the pictures coming.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Every project in the thread looks truly amazing. Awsome work!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jarod how do you like your freightliners and what engine and trans do they have? i am looking for a good used fl 70 right now
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They both have CAT 3126's in them that produce 210 hp. Both also have 6 speed eaton manual transmissions in them. I haven't had problems with either one. I think one has 136,000 on it and the other has 155,000. I don't think we've put more than 20,000 miles on either one since we bought them 3 years ago. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now but I'd bet that I've spent more in repairs in our 3500 Dodge than both FL-70's combined. Sterling and International are good routes too.

I'm looking pretty closely at another one right now.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i can testify to that, i put $10k in my 450 one year. they are beautiful trucks, i saw the one at mahts this year. if you don't mind me asking how much you switch and go cost you. they are going to give me a quote tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just the SNG system alone was somewhere around $10-$11, but keep in mind that was two years ago. I'm not sure where they are at now. Plus that gets you the hoist/winch system, now you have to get it installed and get bodies.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

great pics! do the neighbors typically get quotes after seeing the finished products?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Your works looks awesome! Also enjoy the pictures you post! Some of those jobs have run into some big numbers for you and the homeowner!