Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I looked into the SNG for a F-550 and it was around 15K i believe.

adam
Old 04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Answers to questions:

That seems pretty high for a F-550 unless they've doubled in price in the last three years. Installed with a can or two maybe at $15k.

Some neighbors will inquire about our work. This project was in the drawing stages for about 4 months before construction began. I can usually tell the curious ones from the serious ones pretty quick. Projects like this don't happen overnight. I bet we were into drawing/planning for about 8 weeks before I even through out a number on the thing. But yes, every now and then we do get a job off of one in construction. Moreso, its usually down the road from word of mouth.

Yes they get into high dollar. I've seen them go into 6 digits frequently, but then again that's our target market so it doesn't surprise me that much.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That was with the bin and the flatbed i think. I can't honestly remember.

adam
Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great work Jarod.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Finished

Finished with this one and onto another of equal size just north of us. Hot tub here will arrive later this week, granite countertops and grill will be installed shortly. The pergola will go up on the four pillars by the hot tub landing.

I plan to return to it in 3 weeks to take some final pics.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

As always, incredible work. You may have already answered this question, but will your company build the pergola/install the grill?
I really wish we had an EP Henry dealer down here, I think that the marketing they do in your area really helps sell the jobs. We are on our own down here. There is 1-2 manufacturers that we could buy the wallstone from---I am willing to bet that there is not a single patio with the walls like your within 100-200 miles of our market.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if its any consulation there may be. I have met three times with a gentleman who wants us to do some extensive work on his house that's under construction on Lake Norman. It looks like it may go late this year, and if this is the case EPHenry product will follow us there, same as it did upstate NY. Its a beautiful area and I've been on that lake several times.

Once again we may be traveling outside of our realm but if the guys want to do it I'll consider the voyage. As always I'll make it a point to have them home on the weekends.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How exactly do you target your market that is able to spend this amount of money on landscape. I have bided on a few strictly landscape jobs and people look at me like i kicked them in the gut. I have read several books and charge what i'm supposed too. But people still take it like it's too expensive.

thanks,
adam
Old 05-05-2007, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That my friend is what comes with experience, selling, and marketing strategy. Now I can't share all that with you or I'd be letting the cat out of the bag, but I'd have to say after 5 years we've kind of figured it out. This higher end built market is not an easy nitch to penetrate but any stretch, but it's there. There's about 40 things that have to mesh perfectly in order to carry a company into this target market. If you slip up on 3-4 you won't get anywhere.

You'll figure it out in time if you're determined enough.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When you were starting Earth, Turf, and Wood, did you ever get discouraged. Cause every day theres another guy out of the back of a pick up truck and how you'd compete with him. Cause i have now placed a pricing formula together and what i must charge and people give me funny looks when i give them a price.

thanks,

adam