Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It was a lower tier with a drain in the middle of the landing for the hot tub. As with most hot tubs you need to be gain access inside via the side panels. Thus the reason for the trex decking border around the perimeter. The trex has a hidden lift handle, lift them out and access the hot tub for maintenance. If you had pushed the hot tub tight against the paver landing step you'd never be able to gain access. They didn't want an additional step down there that would cause a hazard so that's why we did it this way. Seemed to turn out okay.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work! Do you have any undated shop pics?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding the new shop:

1. The new doors are in.
2. The building has been painted our colors.
3. Signage is all up.
4. The landscape display areas should be constructed by the end of the year. See attached sketch below.

I will attempt to post of picture of the outside sometime in the near future.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 07-29-2007, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That should look excellent once completed. Keep us updated!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Latest Project

We are about a week into a pool project. This project will involve a pergola, outdoor kitchen, fire ring and bench, and a hot tub. The neat thing with this is it is a custom run color from EPHenry. It's a pewter / charcoal / bluestone combination, each having three different sizes (6x6, 6x12, and 12x12). So calculate it out and your dealing with 9 different pavers totalling 3000 sf. Its not the easiest to lay in a random pattern but the final results are really cool. We'll probably go back and move a couple around to evenly distribute the color once everything is down.

The pictures below show it. Now it has some affloresence to it which will be acid washed off upon completion, as we do all our patios. But we did hose down an area to show what the colors look like when wet.

We'll be here for about another 2 1/2 weeks then off to another one.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2007, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i dont even know were to start it all looks great!!!! how do you like the 332 ctl ?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 332 is an 11,000 lb. beast. You need a big enough job to use it on which is most of ours. It's like a bulldozer, it'll go anywhere and push anything. I was curious on the lift capacity of it the other day and attempted to lift two cubes of block at once. Coventry Wall 6" weighs around 4200 lbs. a cube. This thing heaved two of them up about 3' without a problem and didn't tip. I figured that was enough. The only thing I wish it had was an anti-stall device like the CAT's when digging in a big pile. Every once in a while it'll stall, even though it has 80+ hp. Visibility is a little less than desireable too. Other than that its decent.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i agree i demoed one and it made the 287 look like a little girl. the sales man told me the 287 i demoed had the anti stall device but it stalled out about 20 times or so it would bog down and when it went to rev back up it blew black smoke and die o well i loved the 332 i would like to run one with pilot controls. i cant justify spending that much cash on one machine so im thinking about a 95xt for the lift cap.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like you are getting alot of buisness that you need a skid steer, so when are you going to buy one?

cant wait till you finish the shop,plans look awesome.......
Old 08-01-2007, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=kreft;1915411]sounds like you are getting alot of buisness that you need a skid steer, so when are you going to buy one?

are you asking me?