Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In all my spare time?

I'm attempting to finish things up to get away this weekend for 6 days. I have a feeling my laptop will be joining me on vacation.

I'm finalizing plans to return to Mississippi Coast the end of September for 10 days with a crew of 12 to finish the house we've been working on for 2 years. My goal is to have the family back in by Thanksgiving.

I've got three major projects on the desk, all of which want to be done this fall, of which two only will be.

Would I like to write, yeah, but who knows when.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What software do you use to design your projects?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't. Everything is hand drawn by one of three architects we use. I'm not a big fan of CAD, although it does have its places. The hand drawn plans seem to appeal more to our clients.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh, Cool, i guess that it gives the plans a personalized touch
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ford 550

The Ford is done and will be on the road Monday. The only two things left to be done are the chrome grill and Westin step tubes on the sides which will go on sometime next week when the arrive. It will most likely leave for NY a week from Monday for another phase of that project up there. We predict 3 weeks up there this fall and and three more next spring.

This means the Dodge is available and will go out for sale next week.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2007, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Shop

Here are a few of our shop that I quick snapped. It was painted to match our colors, black, cream, and brown. We haven't had the opportunity to landscape/hardscape it yet and I'm not sure when we will. The plans are done and are hanging on the board in the shop. Our schedule has not had any lapses in it this year. It may be winter before we begin any exterior renovations.

The offices inside will be gutted and done in notty pine with recessed lighting. There will be three offices and a lobby.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2007, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

good looking stuff man...where in thr 717 area code you located?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great Jarod. Do you, or even can you for that matter, stuff the enclosed trailer in the shop too?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We could get it in if we needed too, we'd have to pull a truck out, but it would easily fit. But the only reason it would ever be inside would be for maintenance on it. It's enclosed and locked for the primary reason that we can leave it outside.

We can get four trucks in there but its tight and you wouldn't be able to work on much. You can move around pretty easily with three trucks in there and have room to work on pretty much anything.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

The pin striping looks nice on the 550.