Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In 2003 (I believe) Freightliner dicontinued the FL-70 line and introduced the M2 series. Quite a few improvements were made as a result.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ok thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the pics of the shop. It looks awesome!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey etwman I went to switch-n-go.com, and found out that you took 1st place in "best truck"!

congrats.

heres the link http://www.switchngo.com/switchngo.htm
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a neat project. It's always nice to do a project every once in a while thats a bit of a change from what you normally do. Make sure to post pics, I've always wanted to build a mini-golf course ever since we did a project in college where we had to design one.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats.....Truck looks showroom ready.....I didnt realize that Volvo and Mercedes both make mid duty trucks....going to SC tomorrow to take a look at a few 08 Volvo Mid Duty trucks.....curious to to know more about them....
Old 09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreft View Post
Hey etwman I went to switch-n-go.com, and found out that you took 1st place in "best truck"!

congrats.

that's awesome. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad they called it an International when it's a Freightliner. Jarod, I'm sure you're sick of talking about the freightliners so much but I am curious how the cat engines are holding up. I've always been a international guy because the DT's are bulletproff, and I will be looking into one sometime next year similar to thomas's with the way things are lining up.I gotta ask because I have heard some horror stories of cat engines on ambulances and boxtrucks blowing engine rods and cracked blocks only after about 100k miles. I'm sure you take good care of them maintenance wise but afterall you guys do use them a lot and they do get a workout.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreft View Post

congrats.

Nice 'International' Jarod!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I did catch that the other month when I realized they posted that on their site. I didn't even realized they had put the thing on thier site until about 6 months after MAHTS.

The CAT's have been holding up fine with no issues at all. When we first started looking into bigger trucks I wanted a International 4700 Lo Pro with the 6+1 pretty bad, but finding one of those used in the length I wanted was like looking for a needle in a haystack. If you found one it had a roll back on it. So I finally gave up and went with the FL-70's. Haven't had any issues. Bottom line is really whether it be Freightliner, International, Sterling, Mack, etc. these bigger trucks are made to be worked. While we work our two, compared to what they typically go through w/200,000 a year from a lease customer, it's really not that bad. We haven't put more than 25,000 on either of them since we bought them.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."