Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are a few pics of the NY project so far. Most are demolition of the old course, tree removal, and prep work. So far we've installed over 350 tons of modified and 14 tri-axles of topsoil, not to mention the river stone for the three ponds that will go in. Its a fairly large area covering almost 40,000 sf. Most of the equipment up there thus far has come from that area. Once we get into the course install and the hardscape/landscape we'll bring more of our equipment up. We're working less than 150 feet from last years project so we get to enjoy the same great scenery.

With all our trips there has to be a fun element. One night I took the guys parasailing over the lake. You can see a long way from the end of a 300 foot rope.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The guys are headed home today once the flight restriction is lifted in this area. Bush is in town and that's a big no no on flying, unless of course you enjoy the company of a couple Black Hawks on your wings.

We'll return end of October to continue the project.

This is going to be a real neat project, definitely one for the portfolio when all is said and done. Our vendors have expressed a strong interest in photographing this one upon completion.
Attached Images

"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice job
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry guys im a little bit behind.. is he building a putt putt course there?? anyways looks great as always.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

some wild stuff guess u have to go where the work is
cant wait to see it finished
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So it's a miniature golf course? Very nice. I see the Ford has the new style grille on it. How's the truck compared to the dodge? Which one do you prefer? Also do you have any pics of that pooldeck you guys just finished up or are the other subs still touching it up? Keep the inspirational pictures coming.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this artificial turf on a rubber puzzle so to speak I had the pleasure of dealing with this stuff 7 years ago at an indoor golf facility / bar grill. It came from a local college and a waterless type grass was stretched over it. It never really caught on so they shut down the 3 original places and that was that. By the way your jobs your equip and your crew all display the same image I am dam good at what I do. Always a pleasure to watch your projects from start to finish. Thanks

Details make money!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is a pretty elaborate mini golf course. Ford pulls/drives a little better but the dodge had a tighter turning radius. I've run all the "big 3" at this point and I can honestly say, and my guys with reaffirm this, nothing pulls like a Duramax.

I'll post some pics of the pool deck sometime in the future. I didn't return up there to take finals because EPHenry was coming out to take pics of that job, along with 7 others, for their '08 Idea Catalog. Once all thier pics are taken they'll send me a copy. There's about 6-7 neat jobs we did this year that I didn't even get around to posting.

Drew, no it's not that type of course. It's a precast/fibreglass course with articfical turf on top. I don't think they'll have any problem keeping this course busy with the amount of people that come through this place.

dustycedar - you don't always go to where the work is. You go to serve customers that want you to do their projects. Always "going to where the work is" can get you in trouble at times. When you travel distances you need to make sure your bottom line is met.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jarod,
is the equip up there staying there?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what you mean. All of our equipment we own is home here with us now. The Ford was only up there a week, three weeks ago. When we get into the hardscape and landscape phases we'll bring some of our bigger stuff up.

The excavators and skidloader was up there when we arrived.