Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-11-2003, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a better shot of that 12" x 12" fuel door located above the fender on the side of the trailer that some of you emailed me and wanted to see. It can save alot of time with unloading and reloading at times.

Another thing. Whenever you order an enclosed trailer I would strongly reccommend getting an extended tongue. Standard is 4' extended is 5'. If you ever pull with a stake body dump, or truck that has a bed that sticks out over the back, you WILL jack knife and damage the corners on an enclosed trailer. Well....you may not if you're really careful, but your guys might. And let me tell you that skin on enclosed trailers is not cheap to fix. That extra foot will aleviate this problem, and for an extra $40.00 on the order its well worth it. I'm 99% sure that all manufacturers offer this option for enclosed trailers.

etwman.
Attached Images

Last edited by etwman; 01-11-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
and took a photo of one of our sites (the one below) and had it fired onto this style mug. The company that produces the mug did all the line art for us. Inside we drop a little note that says thanks for the business and a starbucks coffee single. Its been a huge hit. We have about 250 out right now and have even been asked if we would sell them....the answer .....no.....but you can have one as long as you keep us in mind for future work.
Can I please have one?
Old 01-12-2003, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Send me your address at etw@dejazzd.com and I'll see what I can do for you.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."
Old 01-12-2003, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

etwman- do you have a pic of the final product? If you dont mind sharing, what was your cost/piece and how many did you order? I have been looking into mugs, but they vary so much in price on the internet that is just plain difficult to choose one! I have been looking mostly at travel mugs, mainly because i use them myself not only in the car, but around the house. With 2 cats and a dog I like a covered drink! If I can find anythign that looks nice and is a good price, I will do it.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike -

I tried to shoot a picture of the final product but the shot didn't do it justice. I'll see if I can get a better one for you and post it. We have gone through about 200 mugs so far. You can get all the info at www.cloth-clay.com They are not cheap by any means, you'll have setup charges (about $200 if memory serves me correct), minumum orders, etc. but they are real nice to give out. To this point I think we have spent around $1400 on the whole project.

etwman.

P.S.- I saw your posts under the other forum about enclosed trailers. You're 100% right, clean equipment does get noticed! Nice looking rig.
"Earth, Turf, & Wood, Inc. is a high-end residential landscape & hardscape company that offers superior employment experiences for employees, exceptional opportunities for our architects, a premium service to our customers and value to the community through service and stewardship. We attempt to honor God in all we do by encouraging teamwork, pursuing excellence passionately, serving those who lead, and demonstrating stewardship of resources."

Last edited by etwman; 01-12-2003 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

etw- I think you are confusing my rig with someone elses, mine is nice and ugly compared to your's, kirby's and hoagie's. I will attempt to post a pic of it here.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2003, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Better view of truck lettering...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2003, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah.... sorry it was Hoagie's rig I was talking about, hope I didn't get you all excited. It is clean though...LOL Don't take it personally.

Last edited by etwman; 01-12-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

very nic rigs. Around here in 3yrs having rigs like that people would think your shady. Unfortunetly nice guys usually finish last. hope 2003 is better for you and all the other guys here. BTW do u guys do snow removal also? JUst adds more to that bottom line. bad pic but its something.
Attached Images

I live to cut grass and I cut grass to live!
Old 01-12-2003, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We do snow removal but only for those commercial customers that have contracted with us for grounds care for the upcoming season. Then we require a retainer fee in December (anywhere from $1600-$3000) that will be credited against storms. Currently we are just doing two large commercial lots and that is enough for me.

etwman.

BRIMOW525 where are you at in Delaware?